[Solved] Steam Issues.

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Kieran Orion
Lost One

[Solved] Steam Issues.

Post by Kieran Orion »

Posting this here as help and support is for RPmod and all things ::JEDI::, I appear to be having some issues with my Steam Client and I'm not entirely sure if I'm the only one or not however I cannot seem to view the store section at all, it's entirely black and I can't view my own/other peoples profiles.

If anyone else is dealing with a similar issue, I was wondering if there wasn't some sort of bug in their network or if this isn't a personal router/network issue of some sort. Fortunately I can still load up my library so JKA is solid.

Cheers.
Kay'.
Last edited by Kieran Orion on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Duncan Therin
Lost One

Re: Steam Issues.

Post by Duncan Therin »

Alright, I did a bit of snooping around and this is what I was able to find.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -TIAL-4638

That link basically adresses the problem you are describing. Correct way to do it depends on your system of course, but let me know if it worked! Hope I was able to help you out. :)

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Yeah I did try this late last night and while it definitely flushed all my prior configurations, it has not seemed to fix the issue. Sadly I don't know if there's something conflicting with my Client or if it's something to do with the fact that I'm using Windows 10 but nothing was changed to my Computer between the time where it was operating properly, as opposed to now where it's frustrating me.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

Don't quote me on it, because I'm far from being an expert on this sort of stuff. But I couldn't stand Windows 10, Steam was awful, I could access my library *sometimes* and some other pages were blanked as well. I got fed up with it, so I just reverted back to my previous version, I couldn't even access my rpmod folder for instance. Might be that, that is the conflicting problem. You could always revert back to a previous version, but I know how long of a download that Windows 10 is, so if it's not giving you too much trouble aside from this, not completely sure how to progress on with the situation.

EDIT: Also, was your upgrade to Windows 10 recent, like the past couple of days, or has it been awhile?

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Afraid it's not recent no, I upgraded as soon as window 10 was released and it's never given me an issue before now, this has only been happening over the last couple days annoyingly so I think it may be unrelated.

Edit: I seem to have fixed the issue with a full reinstall. Thanks for the help mate, appreciate the thought!