Crashes on Startup [SOLVED]

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Crashes on Startup [SOLVED]

Post by Duncan Therin »

So, as the title says, my game is crashing on startup. This wouldn't be a problem at all, but given I just got a new computer and have to reinstall all my old stuff it's a tad bit annoying. I've used the client to download all the necessary items to download, etc. I'm pretty sure I'm putting in the right line of code for the startup as well. It crashes on the loading screen for either multiplayer or singleplayer, I have no idea why it's crashing or what's going on at all. It gives no indication as to why it has crashed and I'm unsure of how to fix this.

Already tried to delete all of my old content and then reinstall it all (I'm on Steam by the way) and thus far that hasn't worked either.

+set fs_game rpmod +set fs_basegame JEDI

That's my current launch options, not sure if it's off or not. I've tried a handful of combinations, but I don't think that's the problem. I load it up, or rather, I get to the loading screen when first booting up the game, it waits awhile then crashes and says it has no idea why it crashed. When it's initializing with all the yellow text at the beginning it says something about " so-an-so is not activated" or "Isn't active/is disabled" that's all I catch at the end of it though. Any and all help is appreciated I've no idea why this is happening but I'm dedicated to getting it resolved, feel free to grab me on Skype or Steam so we can figure this out. Been off for awhile and really looking forward to getting back on the server with y'all.
Last edited by Duncan Therin on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Cero Rooi
Lost One

Re: Crashes on Startup

Post by Cero Rooi »

Use '+set fs_game rpmod' and run as an Administrator.

name_cero.rooi|age_37|height_1.79m|rank_knight

Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

Sadly, this hasn't worked either. And as an additional note that was the line that I was originally using, however it didn't work so I tried something else in the hopes it would work. It didn't.

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Cero Rooi
Lost One

Post by Cero Rooi »

What error message do you receive?

name_cero.rooi|age_37|height_1.79m|rank_knight

Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

It is literally the most generic possible message. Word for word on this.

"Jedi Academy MultiPlayer has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Too bad they never notify me of a solution. And the only option from there is to 'close program'

Another note, when I'm originally loading it up when all the yellow text is loading up that is, I notice that at the bottom of it, one of the last lines to load it says

"Joystick is not active"

There is also some bit about the starting checkup and the direct input as well, that looked sorta' sketchy for what it's worth. Don't know if that helps you more clearly define the issue here.

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Have you installed 1.0.1 as well? I can't count how many times people have installed everything but miss the official update.

What OS are you using? Can you start up the game without RP mod?
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Post by Duncan Therin »

Alright, so I installed the patch for safety measures. I'm pretty sure I had it before hand as well, or at least that's what I have it set to do on Steam for auto updates. As for my OS I'm running a Windows 8 right now, I was running a Windows 8 on my old computer as well and didn't encounter this problem. I've looked around and a lot of the answers seem to be related to loading it in administrator which I've tried and doesn't seem to work either. As for if I can start it up without RP mod, that's a no as well.

Duncan Therin
Lost One

Re: Crashes on Startup [SOLVED]

Post by Duncan Therin »

Aha! Turns out I solved this one. I appeared to need to replace my ATI video card executable, granted it turns out I never had one in the first place! So I downloaded gldirect5_opensource.zip. from there I extracted the contents and picked out the executable I needed. So after I had taken opengl32.dll out I placed it in my GameData folder and ta-da! I am able to run it perfectly again! Thanks for all the assistance, Silas, Jerex. For future reference if anyone else has this problem this is where I downloaded it: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gldirect/

Steps that I did were:

1) Download it after hitting up Forge.

2) Extracted the contents

3) Copy opengl32.dll to your GameData folder.

And then you're set! Hope this helps anyone that may encounter this problem in the future :)

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Re: Crashes on Startup [SOLVED]

Post by Jerex Sol »

Glad you figured it out. :)
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03