Fellow Enthusiasts?

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Sylvir Tygir

Fellow Enthusiasts?

Post by Sylvir Tygir »

Hell everyone!

I've been practicing Kung Fu since I was a kid and still do it today, and teach students both Hung Ga Kung Fu and Lion Dancing. I was wondering if there were any other martial artists among us. If you are post your style and experience, I'd love to talk with you about it and share knowledge!
Nero Uzuhi
Lost One

Re: Fellow Enthusiasts?

Post by Nero Uzuhi »

Right here buddy. I've been practicing things more along the lines of Kempo (Arju-Kempo to be exact) Muay-Thai, and Kick-boxing. This is mostly cause of my father, but I love it either way and I've always wanted this to be a family trend to have all of my family in my line be martial artist. (Which is probably what my dad wants too). Also for any Kick-Boxing enthusiast, my dad is Peter "Sugarfoot" Cunningham.

| Name: Nero Uzuhi | Birthdate: 331.4 ABY | Age: 16 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 340.26 ABY |

Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

I'm on my third year of Aïkido, so it goes without saying I'm pretty new to it. I like the aspect a lot and I don't think I will stop soon.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Aelon Besarat
Lost One

Post by Aelon Besarat »

Goodness did this topic bring up some good memories! And memories of my Sifu using me as a training dummy to instruct a class. :lol:

What I've done in a formal setting would be Goju-ryu and a little bit of Fanziquan, sadly not as much as I would have liked but moving left me unable to continue formal training. I've 'dabbled' in both Kendo and sabre fencing, though, I'll be absolutely honest and say that I was quite bad at both, I do enjoy watching though.

And I've always been wary of Hung Ga practitioners; my first formal competition began with a particularly indomitable one who had the wind knocked out of me in a matter of moments. :P

This topic has reminded me to consider taking it up again... I have been intending on learning, or rather, seeing if I am any good at Northern Shequan. :D
Aelon Besarat // Species: Nautolan // Born: 330.27 // Homeworld: Glee Anselm
Former Mentor: Wrennin Vae
Former Rank: Padawan
Initiated: 343.01 // Apprenticed: 343.16 // Abdicated: 347.18
Nero Uzuhi
Lost One

Post by Nero Uzuhi »

Has anyone had any classes in Judo and/or Jui-jitsu too? Those where kinda like side things for me in Kempo. Well Judo was, cause it's super important. Oh and has anyone had any weapons training before? Like some Kendo, Bo-jutsu, Fencing, Tonfa. I'm pretty sure most of us had to have though, at some point in time.

| Name: Nero Uzuhi | Birthdate: 331.4 ABY | Age: 16 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 340.26 ABY |

Mirkal
Jedi Master

Post by Mirkal »

I've been doing several martial arts off and on since I was about 6, starting off with karate and taekwondo. I did that for a few years before money constraints caught up with my family. Couple years after though I was able to get back in to TKD and did that again until I was about 12, where I was beginning to get strapped for time.

I quit until this past May where I got back into it, while also taking a little bit of Brazilian JiuJitsu and Muay Thai. Those are still pretty new to me, but I especially enjoy them. Muay Thai is very intense and BJJ comes somewhat natural to me, as I'm skinny and quite nimble. MT is quickly adding on muscle and endurance though. And it's a great way to vent my anger :P
With his love's last breath, she too exhaled a tale:
A new sun rises from the sea to flood the land in light...
Raising the mother's shining soul as blessing, these spirits light the dark to cull

Many times for eons yet to pass, the day will fade and night again will fall
But when it's darkest and again we thrash within its grip
Again the sun will rise
those spirits come to save us all
Saburine Eldahna
Lost One

Post by Saburine Eldahna »

I just practiced boxing moves with my pops when I was younger. Cool to see some members do some form of a** kicking :cool2:
"Lying is an attempt to connect our wishes&our fantasies about who we wish we were with what we're really like."

"There's zero correlation between being the best talker in the room&having the best ideas."

U won't find my experiences&life stories on the holonet.
"Biases are the stories we make up about people before we know who they actually are."
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

Saburine Eldahna wrote:I just practiced boxing moves with my pops when I was younger. Cool to see some members do some form of a** kicking :cool2:
I certainly didn't start in hopes to kick ass at some point. I'm doing this martial art for my well being.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Did Aikido in college for a few years. I've found the experience useful not only in RP here, but also in other games where there's occasional fisticuffs.
Sylvir Tygir

Post by Sylvir Tygir »

Well, I am President of the Kung Fu club here at Binghamton University in the US, here is a link to our Facebook page if you want to see some of the videos of the stuff we do!

https://www.facebook.com/BUKungfu/?fref=ts

Here are links to the direct videos

https://www.facebook.com/BUKungfu/video ... 364432901/

https://www.facebook.com/BUKungfu/video ... 974665040/

Also... here is a picture of me using my double axes from a few years ago :D!

I am trained to use those, plus a few other weapons :D