Getting started thread for Beginners

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Ragnar Lofgren

Getting started thread for Beginners

Post by Ragnar Lofgren »

Being a beginner myself and having only just in the last... Say twenty minutes got all the right files downloaded and got onto the game server, I would like to see a simple, well-laid out, pictured and most importantly pinned thread giving step by step instructions on how to get started with JEDI.
  • Links to material for creating a character such as name generator, planets species, timeline, lore and background. Pictures of each planet, species etc would be helpful to break up the blocky text.

Links for the required download files in order to get on the game server, skins, sabres, RPMOD and accompanied with a guide containing screenshots of what your directory should look like, where the files should go and how to get set-up.

A quick run down of "one you're in-game" how to set your youngling skin, which commands you need to know for using the console and /tell'ing.

And lastly, what a hopeful should do whilst waiting for his application to be accepted by the council. Of course, don't tell somebody how to role-play! But simply, what would be considered productive for a hopeful.
Fortunately for me, I posted a [NEWBIE] thread and had a few members of the community helping me out. Without help, it is very difficult to decipher what to do at present. A single thread with ALL of the information would be far easier.

Having a NEWBIE area on the forums for new comers to post help requests etc. would be VERY useful!

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: Getting started thread for Beginners

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

You'll find the majority of links to various things in the Master Index
Last edited by Evanin Dawnstar on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Korona Rihera
Lost One

Post by Korona Rihera »

There is an area for that...check rules and tips.
Korona Rihera | Homeworld: Ord Mantell | Species: Miraluka | Age: 18 | Next Birthday: 348.23 | Rank: Initiate | Initiated: 333.16 | Noviced: | Mentor: | Apprenticed: | Pilot License: None
Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

Hello! I relocated this thread because the forum section you originally posted in happens to be strictly for suggestions pertaining to RPMod, not the community. In the Rules & Tips section, the top half is composed entirely of the kind of material you're looking for.

Hope this helps! :)
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

The Jedi Council wrote:Greetings JEDI and Community,

This forum is the place to share your ideas and suggestions about the work-in-progress RPMod, made by Soh Raun. Everybody is welcome to post here.

Before posting, please take the time to read the Information forums and review the existing suggestions: any post already covered by another thread in these forums will be deleted.

Remember that the creator of this mod makes it on his free time, which can become rare at times. Replies can take time, if there is even a reply, but be assured that all suggestions are read and kept here for future reference.

Also, please never make assumptions about the feasibility of your suggestions, as something that sounds easy can be a nightmare to implement, and a crazy idea can eventually be less difficult to do than it seems.

Have fun with RPMod!

¬ The Jedi Council
This was a specifically defined announcement on this same board. If you have any questions you can be certain that directing them to a Knight or other member you have already met will have them answered.

I suggest you get yourself acquainted with this forum thoroughly. I believe a lot of explaining on server could have been avoided if you did. It has plenty hyperlinks to the several important pieces of information new players require. But for the sake of answering your question, this is the specific topic you'll have to get through to install RPMod.

The last general advice I'll part with is to not create multiple topics while a single one could suffice for your issues, even though that's not what the forums you've posted in are exactly for.
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29