Some skinning help.

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Kha Rae
Lost One

Some skinning help.

Post by Kha Rae »

So in the skin pack that JEDI puts out there is a Jedi Kel Dor (ds_keldor.pk3). And for those who don't know, it's pretty much the three Kel Dor heads on Spanky's skins/models. But I went through and put some other skins I have, in place of the current gold and silver armor skins just to see if they match up ok. Well they match up perfectly.

I'm assuming that we don't want to alter the original file. So what I need is either some one to walk me through creating a smaller pk3 specifically for Kha. Or If some one has time I could send the folder I have organized with the three skin variants and they could assemble it.
Alehk Thol
Lost One

Re: Some skinning help.

Post by Alehk Thol »

If you want to make a new skin without overwriting something that exists, you need only change the filepath in the .skin file accordingly. I've written a tutorial which you may find useful.

[HOWTO] Skinning :)

It may look intimidating at first, but skinning is actually a very simple process once you've walked through it once or twice. We like to encourage others to try building their own skills, first! Please, give it a go and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask and I'm sure that more than one of us won't mind answering your questions as they arise.