RPMod Launcher

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Kyle McKnight

RPMod Launcher

Post by Kyle McKnight »

I am fairly new here, and I cannot seem to get the launcher to work. I've installed it from the Standalone installer, put in all of the updates even the optional ones, and click on play. But it only brings up Steam and nothing else. I added the special command prompt line to the Launch Options for Jedi Knight Jedi Academy and whenever I start the game I get the RPMod loading menu but it won't actually connect me to any of the servers. Suggestions?
Dithaal
Lost One

Re: RPMod Launcher

Post by Dithaal »

Are you getting an error message whenever you try to join a server? If so, mind sending a screenshot or something to us?

Name:Dithaal|Birthdate:322.31 ABY|Initiated:336.21 ABY|
Noviced: 338.18 ABY|Apprenticed:340.27 ABY|Mentor:Delmi N'jork |
Knighted:347.15 ABY | Apprentice(s): |
Position(s):Battlemaster - 348.02 -357.31 Image
Lay down your head, closing your eyes. Let the bed of grass, heal your mind. For when you open your eyes young pupa, all will be right.

Kyle McKnight

Post by Kyle McKnight »

No, no error. All it does is open up Steam. However I THINK I may have found the problem. I believe I will have to launch the game manually through steam and add the servers to my favorite list via their IP Addresses.
Dithaal
Lost One

Post by Dithaal »

Yeah - that's exactly what I have to do, RPMod Launcher doesn't seem to want to directly work for me either. Good finding! :D

Name:Dithaal|Birthdate:322.31 ABY|Initiated:336.21 ABY|
Noviced: 338.18 ABY|Apprenticed:340.27 ABY|Mentor:Delmi N'jork |
Knighted:347.15 ABY | Apprentice(s): |
Position(s):Battlemaster - 348.02 -357.31 Image
Lay down your head, closing your eyes. Let the bed of grass, heal your mind. For when you open your eyes young pupa, all will be right.

Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

The RPmod Launcher does not work via Steam, end of.
Work-around: Acquire CD image files for Jedi Academy and install through that method with appropriate patching. No more caring for manual startup.
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

I personally just run the launcher for updates, and then use steam as normal.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron