How to manage multiple mods in Steam?

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Bo Iiln
Lost One

How to manage multiple mods in Steam?

Post by Bo Iiln »

Hi all!

I've recently installed RPMod, MB2, and JA+ and was wondering how to manage all of these with steam. I know you can change the launch options in Steam, but is there a way to avoid having to change those settings every time I launch a game/every time I launch a different mod? I haven't been successful with loading mods with the default setting via the MP menus. Right now, there's the RPMod Launcher, MB2 Launcher, and I've been launching JA+ from the default MP menus.

I know there were old icons on the desktop that would allow you to not only launch RPMod, but connect to a server as well. Is this still possible?
Species: Kel Dor | Age: 40's | Initiated: 307 ABY |
Knighted: 325 ABY | Mentor: Raloran Mulloc | Padawan: Evanin Dawnstar_Xel Damar_Maia Rimora_Durindfire
Duncan Therin
Lost One

Re: How to manage multiple mods in Steam?

Post by Duncan Therin »

Master Iiln, we've been expecting your arrival.

Right then. I happen to have all three installed myself and as far as I'm aware, whilst you can sync JA+ and RPMod together, MBII is something you need to put in separately whenever you launch that module. This is what I have as my own line for when I launch JKA on a regular day, which allows me to utilize the full effects of RPMod and JA+: +set fs_game rpmod +set fs_basegame JEDI

Whilst, comparatively, my MBII line, which I'm sure you already know, is: +set fs_basegame MBII

What I normally do is just change what I have out when I decide to use MBII, although with the first line I can hop on any Base, JA+, JA++ server I desire, as well as Temple, whilst benefiting from all of the effects. Not sure how often you play MBII, but I do it on a near daily basis and that's how I run my own operation. In the event that you happen to be doing all of this already and just want to be able to sync all three, than I've been of absolutely no use. :P

As for your second question about the icons, yes, you're able to. Although, based on what I know, you do so with the RPMod launcher which I refuse to use, thus I have less knowledge in that area. Call me old fashion, but I download all my things manually, which may be the reason I'm still missing poor Saren, Aiden, and Keth's respective skins. So as far as the second question goes, 'yes', although I couldn't shed anymore light as to how to do so.

As always,

We're expecting your arrival.

Name: Duncan Therin | Birthdate: 330.01 ABY | Homeworld: Sembla | Species: Vurk | Languages: Basic, (understands) Binary, Huttese, Semblan | Initiated: 338.14 ABY | Noviced: 341.09 ABY | Apprenticed: 343.02 ABY | Knighted: 354.24 ABY l Mentor: Motoko Isawa, 343.02-347.26 ABY | Padawan(s): Dorian Reyn

Karmarie Zar
Lost One

Re: How to manage multiple mods in Steam?

Post by Karmarie Zar »

Master Iiln, it is good to see you.

And yes there are ways to connect straight to the server with icons I'll forward you to here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=6581

| Species: Human | Homeworld: Naboo | Initiated: 336.21 ABY | Apprenticed: 339.10 ABY | Mentor(S): Arven Silaan & Cael Dan'kor | Knighted: 354.24 |