Potential skin request for a newbie

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Zevaros Sazen
Lost One

Potential skin request for a newbie

Post by Zevaros Sazen »

Is anyone out there that can help me in my quest to have a more Echani child model? I've been using the pale one, but the black hair is just... Off, so much. I've tried to reskin it... But it comes out looking like a mess.

I wish I was a good modeler and skinner to do things on my own. :cry:
Name: Zevaros Sazen // Race: Echani // Homeworld: Eshan // Born: 346.27 // Initiated: 355.06 // Padawan: 356.13 ABY // Master: Kadvarr Tirladdik
Jhaal Kiir
Lost One

Re: Potential skin request for a newbie

Post by Jhaal Kiir »

I'm with this guy, I could use a more TOR-Esque Cathar model myself. The Khajiit-looking model, and the similarities of the overworld music of the maps to the overworld music of the Elders Scrolls makes me feel more like I'm playing a Khajiit, rather then a Cathar.

||Name: Jhaal Kiir ||Born: 348.19 ||Initiated: 355.17 ||Race: Cathar

||Homeworld: Nar Shaddaa

Zevaros Sazen
Lost One

Post by Zevaros Sazen »

This is similar to how I'm hoping to have a skin, but... As you can see there is a lot of issues with it, around where the hair meets skin. Plus I don't feel the skin is light enough for an Echani.

...There's also the issue of I can't get it to work, at all... So fun there.

But yeah, I don't think the color of the hair and eyes came out terribly...but perhaps there's someone out there that's nice enough to do better and package it in a way that actually works? :mrgreen:
Name: Zevaros Sazen // Race: Echani // Homeworld: Eshan // Born: 346.27 // Initiated: 355.06 // Padawan: 356.13 ABY // Master: Kadvarr Tirladdik
Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

Could you be a bit more specific on the "can't get it to work?" What happens you try to play as that skin in game?
Zevaros Sazen
Lost One

Post by Zevaros Sazen »

I can't get it to appear in game at all. It doesn't appear in the model selection stuff at all.
Aiden Kezeron
Lost One

Post by Aiden Kezeron »

Actually, you won't see every model within the model selection list. Since JA wasn't meant to show every model for some reason. You have to just manually put it in. Such like /model nameofmodel

That's how most people who don't have a customizer do it. So I tend to do /Model Aiden2/(one of my variants)

I hope this helped, also put a download link of your skin in your sig for now. If you want people to see it.

|Name: Aiden Kezeron||Age: 46||Birthdate:341.04 |
|Homeplanet(s): Cathar, Naboo|
|Initiated:349.03||Padawaned:350.20||Knighted:370.14|
|Padawan(s): Maeve Lothaire, Lystra Hale|

Adrianna

Zevaros Sazen
Lost One

Post by Zevaros Sazen »

Ohh, thanks Aiden, I didn't know that bit.

Now I just need to find out about the resizing bits.

And then I need to wait to be able to upload it, unless someone else would be willing to upload it to the hub for me.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Yeah something will only show on the model list ingame if you have both an Icon and it's set to load first like zzz_zev.pk3.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

It wasn't showing in the menu because the icon wasn't named correctly; he just needs to follow proceedure to get himself scaled probably now. :)
Zevaros Sazen
Lost One

Post by Zevaros Sazen »

And my skin is officially in my signature now that I have everything set up server side for my model size :D