Grip

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Halt Arratay

Grip

Post by Halt Arratay »

How about, instead of "choking someone" you could just levitate them, or any moveable objects, without damage. And if you want, you can have a seperate power, choke.
Ray Kaori

Post by Ray Kaori »

being able to levitate objects would be rather fun to do ::Smiles:: Even for training sessions it would be a good thing to learn the ways of the force with.

But also i think it would be quite un-attainable but who knows anyway i am not a modder ::Laughs::
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

I think we are getting a lightside version of grip that just levitaites people without harming them.
Ray Kaori

Post by Ray Kaori »

That will be rather interesting ::smiles::
korto

Post by korto »

Why not just adding this feature to the basic force powers ...like force jump push , pull , speed and see etc ...? It would make more sense ... wouldn't it ? :)
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Hello Korto,

I am unsure if I understood fully what you ment, but anyway.

Apart from Lightning and Grip, there is no powers that deals damages from BaseJKa.

In JEDI's mod, Grip will have no damages on a normal use, and will instead be used 'a-la-Dooku' when he tosses Obi-Wan (ep3). Unfortunately, it won't be possible to use it on objects (as far as I know). Though, there will still be a Dark Side version of the power, where it will do damages - and bring back the red hand extention (or not, ain't sure yet).

For the other powers, like Push could do damages on the charged levels (4-5), but that's about all I could see as damaging powers.

If I didn't get it right at all, just tell me.

¨ Axem
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

For the 'red hand', I think the mod should do without it. Maybe just a red aura or something.
korto

Post by korto »

What you resumed is basically what I meant :)

And I think it'd be a good idea to keep a dark side version of the power.

And I'm not sure if I remember well but I think in the first jedi knight (dark force 2 ) you could levitate objects with grip ... or maybe just push or pull them ... :?

And this grip ‡ la Dooku ... will you add it to the core force powers or to the light side powers .... ?

(The Core powers are the first a Jedi or Sith learns, and, for the most part, directly affect his own body or objects without actually harming or benefiting other people. Core powers, also known as Universal Powers, are usually not associated with any particular side.)
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

And could Soh change to animation for the lightside grip, so when the person gets griped they go into the fly/swim animation.