Ledge Grab leap

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Ledge Grab leap

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I've been wondering...

Would it be possible to have 2 'get up from ledge grab' effects?

As one would be the roll on floor, as we currently have on JA+

The other would be a faster effect, a-la-Obi-Wan in Episode 1. Not a big leap, just enough to be on the cow's floor again.
Ray Kaori

Post by Ray Kaori »

I like this idea. The one before obi wan gets trapped between the force field.
korto

Post by korto »

I'd be quite happy to see this in the mod :)
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

If the "jumping-up-from-ledge"-method is possible to implement, people should only be able to do it when having at least Jump-level 2 - to keep it realistic.
korto

Post by korto »

The "jump up from ledge" method shouldnt require any force power lvl , every well trained human (or other) could use this method by using his muscles and flexibility I think.
In the expanded universe for example,you can see that younglings are capable of more acrobatic moves than just that.
The "jump up from ledge" should only replace the "roll on floor",and as far as I know jump lvl 2 isn't required for the "roll on floor".

Anyway,I don't think this focus on "realism" is really necessary,of course we want the true sw universe but the sw universe itself isn't realistic and doesn't stop to expand itself, artists , writers , game makers etc always come up with new ideas .

What couldn't appear realistic when the movies first came out appears natural for us now.

Ok that has nothing to do with the fact that if youngling use "jump up from ledge" is realistic or not but I needed to say this ^^
Aeon Xarbon
Lost One

Post by Aeon Xarbon »

I think I speak for the majority, even if it's not needed to be said, when I say that the way we get up from ledge grab is super annoying. It takes time away from spars, number one. Number two, it takes entirely too long to get up from the ledge if you are running from someone or something. Number three, it looks so stupid. Even if the SW universe is unrealistic, there is one thing that dwindles all our imaginations...gravity. I don't know about anyone else but I don't think it's physically possible to pull yourself up a ledge, flip in slow motion for 2 seconds, then land on your feet from simply pulling yourself up. I think the Episode I Obi Wan pull up/thrust up/whatever he did, would be an excellent replacement. Not only will we benefit from this, but everyone else in the JA universe would probably like to see that horrid thing replaced. :D
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Managing to get yourself on the floor from the "hanging-position", and then leaping up on your feets doesn't need any Force-usage, true.

But, as Axem says, a leap as Obi-Wan does in Ep1 to be on the floor from the hanging-position would require either a pumped up musclous body (which maybe Jedi Knights or Masters will have) or Force-usage.

So yeah, if focus on realism isn't that important, let's all jump and flip around - like most of the younglings here do actually.
korto

Post by korto »

let's all jump and flip around - like most of the younglings here do actually.
well yeah ;)

No actually your right but I forgot to mention that theres no need to make it like we see obi do it in the movie , why not just one normal and fast pull up to continue running without wasting time ?
A backflip really isn't necessesary.

Oh and by the way , I never said that focus on realism isn't important,I just meant that it's bad to focus to much on it for little things like a jump up from ledge thing.I probably didn't make myself clear enough , sorry .