What about people that are left handed?

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Rokran
Lost One

What about people that are left handed?

Post by Rokran »

I've noticed that when useing a Single Saber, not many people do left swings unless it's part of an imporant combo ( example the side to side combo ).

Why not, to make it a little more real for the rp, have an option in the new mod to reverse the saber animations. What I mean is, when someone does a Heavy left swing, show the animation for the right swing, but on the left side? See what I'm saying? I don't know, just a thought. I just figured it might be a little odd that every Jedi is right handed.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Animations have been discussed before. But they require quite a bit of fiddling to get to work, fiddling I don't think the modder wants to do. Also, new animations I believe would require a client-side patch, which this mod was trying to avoid.

Granted, if it were possible, I would have Alk be a leftie like me.

I can't say much for saber combat. I try to make it look more realistic, but most people rather promote and use the mechanics of the game to win, rather than RPing.
Ray Kaori

Post by Ray Kaori »

Animations would be very difficult i'd imagine. I need to learn to mod soon. If i want to be a game maker as i do. It'd be a great start.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

The reason that the animations are Right handed is because 9 humans out of 10 are righthanded.

It is not something that is actually needed and frankly, even lefthanded persons I know actually use a 'righthanded' stance when fighting.

Also, there is 1 stance that is Lefthanded : Blue stance (held on the left side, left hand is the dominant)

¬ Axem
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

I'm left-handed and whenever I feel the urge to hit someone with a club, sword or a stick I use my left hand. :bash:
Basus Ororchi

Post by Basus Ororchi »

When I kick or punch, I use to use the right hand, and I'm left-handed, but anyways, I would like to have this left-handed thingy.

"Things are like that!! Accept them!" -- Aros Jakari
Aeon Xarbon
Lost One

Post by Aeon Xarbon »

Yeah, I agree, if I had a lightsaber or a sword in my hand it would be in my left hand..not my right. I'd like a mod to switch it to left hand as well..
Zyrn
Lost One

Post by Zyrn »

Hmm if there way a way to mirror the animations or something,
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

((Holy Huge Avatar.))

I like the idea. Adds more depth to RP.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I don't think I can do that. Most of the animations use the right hand, and as far as I know there is no way to mirror animations (which would take a very long time to do anyway, as there are hundreds of animations).