Tavion/Desann Styles

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Tavion/Desann Styles

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

Hey there,

At the Domain we had these styles on specific sabers...and we had some problems. Many people seem there a cheap style and have a un-fair advatnage. It has the strength or a Red/Yellow Swing, but can be chained unlimited. There also just "spamed" attacks because there limited in what they do.

Might want to consider that...

Xa'o Zalei
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I think that such an argument is void in our case. "It gives them an unfair advantage"... Shouldn't they have an advantage? They're guardians, they're devoted to learning saber arts. I would fully expect a guardian to be better than me and beat me every time in a spar, since I'm a consular.
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Guardians would most likely pwn everyone in a spar where Force-usage wouldn't be allowed. Same for Consulars in a "Force-only-spar".
The question is if those two saber-styles are also overpowered/cheap/unfair in some kind of "Free-style-spar" where both a Consular and a Guardian are allowed to use everything they got. The same question goes for Consulars and their "unique" powers.

Well, I think after trying out the mod it'll be easier to make deicisions or judgements regarding this matter.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Since spars tend to be purely entertainment valued for most (yes, I'm saying even for those JKs who give points to students who they spar with) I don't see the issue. If you're sparring with someone who is gonna be unfair and use the new stances, thats your prerogative to play with a dishonorable player. As for the "force-only" spars, I haven't seen one of those at the temple since my return, or in my past experiences done on a regular basis.

IMO spars have always been for entertainment (unless its between a master-apprentice), and as a game with minor strategy, I'm sure the saber fanatics can found a way to beat the new styles, it will only be a matter of time.
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

I'm just telling you my past experiences with those forms.

But do Guardians have access to Level 5 (or maximum) of all powers? If so, Consulars should have access to the Guardian styles, right?
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

The system is a 25 Character levels, from which the three classes displays their major differences within the first 20 levels.

Guardians will have access to the Lv5 of Jump, Protect, Heal, Speed, Off, Def, and Throw, on top of having Lv4 of Furry (Rage) and Heal Others. The rest will be Lv3.

Consulars have a larger array of powers, and apart of the powers mentioned above, save from Heal (which all classes can master within the 20 first levels) and Heal Others (Lv4 for Consular), everything will be Lv5.

Sentinels will have all powers at Lv4, saves Heal and Furry which will be available to Lv5 through 'normal' course.

Plus to the changes made between power availabilities, each class will have a Health/Force bonus.

Guardians will have 200 HP, and thus 200 Shields
Consulars will have 200 Force points
Sentinels will have a middle of both ends and score 150/150 HP/Shields and 150 Force points.

At Lv21, all classes will be able to learn the higher end powers, without limitations of classes.

Those are not set in stone and can easily be modified.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

How is it to be determined who is what level? Will the Council make that decision? Or will it be up to the JKs?
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Currently, what we did is place the 'general/suggested' Level for Rank.

Initiates is of course Lv1, Padawans (masterless) is Lv3, and PAdawan Learner is technically Lv4.

Jedi Knights for their part can vary much more, as it depends on the methods of teachings, and such. But the generalized level is 10.

As for Master, it would be around 18.

We'll try place each student with about the same power in lines. In this, we mean that if a Padawan has learned Lv2 Jump, we'll try set him the right Level in order for him to keep that LV2 Jump. Though we cannot guarantee anything about this, as there is much more stuff around it, as exemple, Jump 1 costs nothing in Game, while now, it will cost 5 PTS - things like that.

As for Experience points
  • Students will receive points upon training as we do now.
  • Knights and Masters will receive monthly points, given by the Council based on activity, participation, and display of good behavior.
  • Missions, depending on the difficulties, will also grant points, in the event that the Jedi does not get injured, which will drop considerably his/her XP gain