Staff to Duel

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Morn Orent

Staff to Duel

Post by Morn Orent »

What if in the mod you included a feature that allowed a staff saber to be broken into a duel set, that would be something to see, although not many use the staff saber. Aka. The noobstick.
"All too easy.." -Morn Orent

Asphar
Lost One

Post by Asphar »

Erm.. You could just bind dual sabers (Ex: /bind 1 saber single_1 single_1 ) and pretend that your lightsaber broke..

- Padawan Learner Asphar.
By Gabe Alkorda.
Morn Orent

Post by Morn Orent »

But wouldent it bring more RP to situation? Sparring and the saber gets cut in half, or in a detailed RP on another planet having to fight someone else and the saber is cut but not ended?
"All too easy.." -Morn Orent

Asphar
Lost One

Post by Asphar »

Eh...? As I said, It's easy to RP.. Breaking a lightstaff ain't happening often.. The person who's using it should RP it..
By Gabe Alkorda.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

If a Jedi is stupid enough to get their staff saber cut in half, he/she shouldn't be allowed to use a staff-saber, and gets what they deserve, a youngling training hilt.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

If I'm correct, that's in BaseJKA, as some of the values in the .sab files lists which sabers to use in the event that a staff is broken. It just never happens, I suppose.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Even though there are indeed "brokenSaber1" and "brokenSaber2" values in .sab files, they are completely ignored by the game.

Anyway I don't think it's worth coding this feature, because as Asphar said you can RP it easily and bind a key to the /saber command.
Raulos
Exiled

Post by Raulos »

For all intensive purposes, why not avoid the roleplay of broken weapons entirely? Standard lightsabers are capable of being ruined by well-placed strikes, but there's little or no reason to pursue an active, in-game roleplay line where someone has their weapon broken in live-training. I think that would avoid any unecessary intergers and coding that might force people into annoying situations with hilts getting destroyed by the cooky number system of JA.