A few issues on my first loggin.

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Tuum Faer

A few issues on my first loggin.

Post by Tuum Faer »

I'm using Steam to play.

I can't get the RP launcher to auto launch the servers/.

I used the launcher to get the packs it shad labeled required. But no ones skins loaded and all the unique emote animations are T possed.

Can I get an invite to the Discord?

Is there a was to bind /me to work like the chat button or do you have to use the console?
Teynara Jeralyr
Lost One

Re: A few issues on my first loggin.

Post by Teynara Jeralyr »

Hello, Taum,

I can definitely answer your last one. The easiest way is to type "\say_team_chat emote" into your console. That gives the Team Chat the same functionality as the \me function, but without having to open your console.

As for the rest...I shall have to leave that to someone more technically-minded. Since you're using Steam, though, you probably need to add a custom command line under launch options. I seem to remember having to do that a few years back.

Good luck with it all, though!
Ber-til Keztor
Lost One

Post by Ber-til Keztor »

The problem with Steam is that the JAMP.exe file is modified so that it needs Steam to be up for it to launch. Therefore, there's a little compatibility issue with the launcher but if I recall it can all be fixed through the use of command lines.

I suggest you attempt a manual installation of the required packs by downloading them from Landing Requirements. Make sure to place the .pk3 files in the rpmod folder and place the .pk3 members' skin files in the JEDI folder.

Give that a shot and see if it works. If no skin loads or the animations are still wonky like that; open up Steam, right-click Jedi Knight Multiplayer. If you go through Properties and start-up options you should be able to set command lines.

In that case, I believe this should do: +set fs_game rpmod +set fs_basegame JEDI

You can add '+connect temple.jediholo.net:29070' to connect to our Temple automatically, but I suggest you just open up the console and maybe bind it to a key.

/bind KEY connect temple.jediholo.net:29070

It's a lot more comfortable if you ever have to visit either our Grounds or Galaxy server.

Let us know if the problem's gone now.
Tuum Faer

Post by Tuum Faer »

So skins and animations are still not working.