Just maybe, if you could make it work.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Leon "Deserter&quo

Post by Leon "Deserter&quo »

no you'd just need the remote item right it would attack who activates it but how would you be able to make it do that?
Ray Kaori

Post by Ray Kaori »

Oh ok. I see what you mean now.
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

[quote="Leon "Deserter&quo"]no you'd just need the remote item right it would attack who activates it but how would you be able to make it do that?[/quote]

By spawning it as an admin. -_-
Leon "Deserter&quo

admin can make remotes attack who they want wow i never knew.
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

::Sighs:: No, no, only admins can spawn them. I think whoever spawns them will be attacked by attack them.

-Is that clear?
Leon "Deserter&quo

you would need a moded remote the originals attack anyone near by.

i know only admins can spawn them on the server because they arnt available for pickup anywhere on the map if you understand what i mean.
Venan Arkanto

Post by Venan Arkanto »

I like this idea.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Currently, only admins can spawn NPCs, and these NPCs can be reassigned to a Team. In FFA, they can be friendly with all players or attacking them; in Team games (TFFA, CTF...) they can be assigned to the blue or red team. I may be adding support for "attacking everyone but a specific player" and "attacking only a specific player", but I'm still not sure about it.

About the remotes thing though, I've been modding the Seeker Drone item today to 'reverse it' so that it only attacks the person who uses it. I made it so you have it all the time in the inventory and can use it infinitely (i.e. it doesn't disappear from the inventory). You can also disable it manually when you want to stop the training, or when you are low on HP (but it now does only 2 HP of damage). On the usability part though, I don't think it's very good as it is too close from the body and turns around too quickly, without any random factor.

So I don't know if I'll keep this implementation (which was easy to do), or rather do something with the true remote NPC, assigned to its spawner thanks to a button in the map or a command... (this wouldn't need admin intervention).

More on this when I'll have made a decision. Meanwhile, you can of course continue to give your ideas about the way it should be done.
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Well, I know that in Single Player, there's a command, /playerteam [free, player, enemy, neutral] so... if that works in Multiplayer couldn't we do that? Like, have the remote on player team and the student on enemy team... I'm not sure where I'm going with this anymore...

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Dack

Post by Dack »

Couldn't you use the item that is used in siege, mae it a pickup item, and edit the team? I've seen it used in ffa to attack others, so couldn't you make it switch sides? everyone elses side, instead of yours?
"Everything is remarkable, because everything can have a remark made about it"
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Dack wrote:Couldn't you use the item that is used in siege, mae it a pickup item, and edit the team? I've seen it used in ffa to attack others, so couldn't you make it switch sides? everyone elses side, instead of yours?
That's already done, though, it spins around you and shoots too fast on a regular basis. What we are actually trying to get is a 'free roaming' sentry that would shoot at you from a distance, so you can actually do squat about it.

¬ Axem