Force Jump

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Tharon Jivler
Lost One

Force Jump

Post by Tharon Jivler »

I recently got Jump 5, tested it for a while, and I didn't feel that much of a difference when compared to Jump 3, so I did a little more testing and research and here's my results.

As you can see, the jump from 1 to 2 is acceptable, and from 2 to 3 is pretty substantial, but from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 isn't that big of a leap. One can make do with jump 3 forever, and getting jump 4 and 5 doesn't that seem that worthwhile with his height increase. In fact, jump 2 to 3 difference is actually bigger than jump 3 to 5.

I know jump 4 is 15% extra height and 5 is 30% (Relative to jump 3), so here's my suggestion:

Jump 4 30% height, jump 5 60% height and It would look something like this:

Maybe even jump 4 45% height, jump 5 90% height, which will look something like that:

I don't know if there are any restrictions on the values of how high jumps can be, but this suggestion is merely to make jump a little more usable on the higher levels.

Thanks. Eager to hear other people's takes on my suggestion.
Silene
Lost One

Re: Force Jump

Post by Silene »

It seems to me that having an higher jump than 3 isn't really relevant as most of the maps aren't designed to support even the third level and leads to broken parts of the map.

But if we don't raise the height we can find other way to upgrade the skill. A reduced Force consumption of the ability could be a great addition to the height bonus or perhaps a way to slow down your fall and avoid the damage related to height falls.

◄▌Name : Silene Astra-OnironBirthdate : 382.28▐►
◄▌Homeplanet : MorganiaInitiated : 390.01Mentor : Shu Ra, Tharon Jivler▐►

Nulla Zil
Lost One

Post by Nulla Zil »

I feel like the reason it's not as high is just because of the fall damage negation.

|Name: Nulla Zil||Age: 29||Birthdate:369.08 ABY|
|Homeplanet: Quarzite|
|Initiated:379.02 ABY ||Padawaned:379.20 ABY||Knighted:388.28 ABY|
|Padawan: Nicole Inaru, Daegon Evera|

Tharon Jivler
Lost One

Post by Tharon Jivler »

Silene wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:41 pm But if we don't raise the height we can find other way to upgrade the skill. A reduced Force consumption of the ability could be a great addition to the height bonus or perhaps a way to slow down your fall and avoid the damage related to height falls.
That wouldn't be an issue, at least for levels 4 and 5, because at a higher level, you already have a lot of Force points to spare and quick Force regeneration, so you really don't feel the difference as much, and as for avoiding fall damage, again, jump 3 reduces your fall damage by 50%, I believe and it's just completely removed when you get jump 4 and 5.

The idea of height increase started for me when I attempted to reach the bridge without having to use the elevator, but I couldn't, and I was thinking that it's a bit odd how a trained Jedi Knight couldn't make a jump as high as that one, from ground level to reach the bridge. Although, I kinda agree with Silene that most maps aren't designed for a super high jump height, so it's probably made like that by design.
Serir Vun
Lost One

Post by Serir Vun »

Perhaps at level 4 you can slow your fall by holding space for a couple seconds, and at level 5 you can do so indefinitely? It adds measurable utility and is pretty sweet. I'm not sure if it's even possible but still.

It'd be great if it automatically gave a moment of floating when the jump hits its arc for positioning, demonstrating the level of control and mastery one has achieved.
⌠ Name: Serir Vun • Species: Duros • Master: Joran Fayara | Iffo Rav'i • Knighted: 410.26 • Birth: 374.14 ABY ⌡