Curious

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Vehn Solo

Curious

Post by Vehn Solo »

Hello again,
I probably shouldn't be asking this question but is the mod in its finishing stages or do the makers wish the spend more time with it, make it the best as possible of course. :roll:
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

There working on it...Why?
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

I'm not sure why its a matter of curiosity? Can you not play JKA without this mod... of which you've never used before?

Soh is working on what he wants to work on. Like mentioned in the informational topic about this board, those contributing (mainly Soh) are doing this in their free time. Soh is a councilor and mentor in JEDI, and has school and maintaining a life outside of the cyber realms... at the risk of sounding cliche and redundant: "It'll be ready when it'll be ready"

My ETA for it: less than 6 months
Vehn Solo

Post by Vehn Solo »

Well i'm very excited because the mod sounds great. Whats wrong with asking when it will come out?, second i've read all your rules i understand that he is doing it in his free time, and i admire him able to put something like this together. Lastly i asked you politely, why is it such an offense to ask a simple question. whats with the offensive questions, a simple ETA: less than 6 months will do.

anyway thanks for reply
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

"Offensive" is a matter of perception.
Alkaiser Aruladan wrote:I'm not sure why its a matter of curiosity?
The mod is something that is to HELP make JKA more suitable for JEDI, doesn't mean JKA can't be played without it. Honestly, while the mod would be nice, its not necessary. Thusly, I don't see why its a matter of curiousity.
Alkaiser Aruladan wrote:Can you not play JKA without this mod... of which you've never used before?
I ask this because I've NEVER seen you in the server, and I'm one of the more active JKs. From what I've seen of you, its been 6 posts on the suggestions board. So I'm curious as to why would someone, who has barely scratched the surface of our organization, want to start spitting out suggestions?

But would you and your group of friends be totally cool with some stranger walking up and joining your conversation? Because thats what this feels/looks like to me. You may think I'm sounding mean and nasty, et cetera, but I'm just relaying my perspective to alleviate what you (seemingly) believe to be my "offensive behavior".
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

I'm afraid the Blue Man is right.
Alanya Sgall
Lost One

Post by Alanya Sgall »

Riiight...........well, back on topic, I'd say two months tops until our server's running the beta version of the mod. Soh's been testing it on the Galaxy server lately, so that's always a good sign. I believe he said all that's really left to do before he is willing to release it is the Force Powers. So yeah, I'ma say about 2 months.
Rash Loist for Jedi Master!
Vehn Solo

Post by Vehn Solo »

Thanks for the reply Alanya,

I don't understand where your taking this Alkaiser, all i asked was when the mod is coming out. I was curious to when the mod would be coming out, stop twisting the conversation to topics which I didn't even bring up. I have been on the server, just with a different name and this was a very long time ago i'm saying a couple of months. On your rules you said your open for suggestions (i've only posted in this section) so whats the problem with a stranger suggesting something. Do i have to post 100 posts before i can suggest something?
Do you interrogate all your guests?
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The mod will not be "finished" any time soon, but I hope to release a first beta for our servers .. hmm let's say before 2 months. As Alanya said, I still need to do the new levels of Force powers, plus a few things. But as Alkaiser said, "It'll be ready when it'll be ready".

By the way, everyone can post suggestions/questions in this forum, guest or not. There is no need to argue here.

Thread locked.