[RESOLVED] Jedi Academy SP has Stopped Working

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Shazorm Vlec

[RESOLVED] Jedi Academy SP has Stopped Working

Post by Shazorm Vlec »

Hi All,

I am new to the server (have not been able to join as of yet). Recently installed/updated through the RP Mod Launcher, but when I connect through the launcher, I get the error "Jedi Academy SP has stopped working" when I hit the 'awaiting gamestate' part of connecting.

JKA runs fine with MB2 and JA+/EternalJK, it's just that seems to be giving me an issue. Should I uninstall/reinstall? I have the JEDI folder in /GameData, as do I the 'rpmod' folder.

Not sure if it matters, but I am running Windows 10.

Thank you for any help!

EDIT: I was able to identify the issue and have since corrected it! Now it is just a matter of making the game look a little better on my monitor.

SECOND EDIT: After successfully launching, I tried to change my width and height to 1920x1080. I used the command /r_Customwidth and /r_cusomheight. After doing that, I can no longer connect. I suspect this is the issue.
Last edited by Shazorm Vlec on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dexen Cass
Lost One

Re: Jedi Academy SP has Stopped Working

Post by Dexen Cass »

Shazorm Vlec wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:58 pm Hi All,

I am new to the server (have not been able to join as of yet). Recently installed/updated through the RP Mod Launcher, but when I connect through the launcher, I get the error "Jedi Academy SP has stopped working" when I hit the 'awaiting gamestate' part of connecting.

JKA runs fine with MB2 and JA+/EternalJK, it's just that seems to be giving me an issue. Should I uninstall/reinstall? I have the JEDI folder in /GameData, as do I the 'rpmod' folder.

Thank you for any help!

EDIT: I was able to identify the issue and have since corrected it! Now it is just a matter of making the game look a little better on my monitor.

SECOND EDIT: After successfully launching, I tried to change my width and height to 1920x1080. I used the command /r_Customwidth and /r_cusomheight. After doing that, I can no longer connect. I suspect this is the issue.
Hey Shazorm, I'm curious as to whether or not you are using OpenJK - in my experience with it it seems to be a catch-all fix in some cases. Feel free to add me on Discord if you use it. Perhaps I can assist you further. You can add me at Dendygar#9558

Serir Vun
Lost One

Re: Jedi Academy SP has Stopped Working

Post by Serir Vun »

Dexen Cass wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:18 pm
Shazorm Vlec wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:58 pm Hi All,

Thank you for any help!

Hey Shazorm, I'm curious as to whether or not you are using OpenJK - in my experience with it it seems to be a catch-all fix in some cases. Feel free to add me on Discord if you use it. Perhaps I can assist you further. You can add me at Dendygar#9558
I second this - if you're not using OpenJK, try switching over to that. It will almost for sure resolve your issue completely.
⌠ Name: Serir Vun • Species: Duros • Master: Joran Fayara | Iffo Rav'i • Knighted: 410.26 • Birth: 374.14 ABY ⌡
Shazorm Vlec

Re: [RESOLVED] Jedi Academy SP has Stopped Working

Post by Shazorm Vlec »

Thank you both! Dexen was a great help to me. I basically just uninstalled/reinstalled and seemed to fix my issue. Looking forward to venturing to the temple.