((Modeling and haircuts))

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Nil Zendu
Jedi Knight

((Modeling and haircuts))

Post by Nil Zendu »

So I just started playing around with skinning again. Problem is I never even considered modeling. I know I'm still a hopeful but I really wanted to know how difficult it is to get a certain haircut on a skin I had lying around. What would I have to do to get this going? I assume I have to mess with a model. I've attached the look of the hair I was going for. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
4702.jpg
4702.jpg (40.6 KiB) Viewed 3422 times

Species: Human
Homeworld: Chalacta
Initiated: 407.15 ABY
Apprenticed: 419.12 ABY
Knighted: 439.01 ABY
Former Mentors: Nicole Vantane and Helayna Bralor
Teynara Jeralyr
Lost One

Re: ((Modeling and haircuts))

Post by Teynara Jeralyr »

Dear Nil,

Please, please don't go with that haircut. JEDI's accommodated some odd things in the name of RP before now, but it's fair to say that we're definitely not looking for anyone to emulate Dragon Ball!

It's worth remembering that Jedi are expected to be sensible and humble, and usually not vain in appearance. We do have an element of presentation, but try to keep to a reasonable level. A mohawk wouldn't exactly be a Jedi's idea of 'presentable'!

That said...yes, you'd need to remodel. To my knowledge, it should be reasonably easy to use anything found an .xps mesh, and translate that into Blender. So, for example, anything on this page would probably work: https://www.deviantart.com/jibicoco/fav ... 0/hair-xps

Thus, you could go with one of these easily enough:

However, please keep this in mind for when you are Initiated. We don't generally do modelling work for people until then, and Hopefuls will typically stick to using a Youngling model precisely so that it doesn't need to be re-modelled/skinned. If you can do it yourself, you can obviously do that whenever you like, but if you're looking for community help, we'd usually ask you to wait until post-Initiation. Saves someone putting a lot of work in that you may not actually end up using!

Hope that helps! As ever, feel free to ask any other questions you might have.
Nil Zendu
Jedi Knight

Post by Nil Zendu »

I knew I was gonna get heat for the dragon ball thing haha. Maybe I should have made it clearer that I didn't want it that.....extreme but a reasonable length. I don't plan on using a skin for a long time but I was just bouncing around ideas for now. If it's ok with you, Ill send you some things where we can maybe find a good balance of presentable but with a little personality. Let me know if that's ok with you.

Ragnar Ivesh
Lost One

Post by Ragnar Ivesh »

Hello bud,

If this is any use to you, there has been a member in the past with a similar haircut and all credit goes to them, though if this inspires you or helps in any way:

Being extremely toned down from what you provided, but just an idea.
Marek Izu
Lost One

Post by Marek Izu »

For whatever reason, Sims 4 haircuts can be brought over to JKA. Don't ask me how, I've no idea. But I know that Marek's hair comes from there. And I imagine you'll be able to find a mohawk there as well.

Sims 4 haircuts
Sirius Invictus
Lost One

Post by Sirius Invictus »

Once and if you are initiated into the JEDI community, then is when that discussion may bear further fruit. Until then, utilize the youngling model pack that is readily available and worry not about a model as that is of secondary importance.
|| Name: Sirius Invictus || Species: Human || Homeworld: Vlemoth Port || Birth: 360.09 ABY || Initiation: 372.10 ABY || || Apprenticed: 373.09 ABY || Knighted: 384.30 ABY || Mastered: 410.13 ABY || Mentor: Delmi N'jork || Apprentices: Kiara O'ren, Rukia, Vale Sutherblaze ||
Nil Zendu
Jedi Knight

Post by Nil Zendu »

Thank you for the responses. The links and ideas were very helpful. They gave me some stuff to tinker around with. I'll take the advice of Teynara and Sirius however and leave it at that for now.