KNIGHTED: 409.10 ABY
MENTOR: Caerith Lhot
PADAWAN: Vuren Nilim
Zhu'shk
Padawan Learner

Re: New Maintainership

Post by Zhu'shk »

Hullo!

Hopefully it comes as a surprise to most (and a welcome one!), but I've decided, with Council Approval, to take over the currently vacant role of maintainer of the POTD thread.

It was the POTD thread, along with the PCgamer article, that drew me into JEDI. It is a public record of events, roleplay, and artistic expression for the community, it made me realize back then just how deep and alive JEDI was, and I wish to help the community provide this for others in the future, aswell as for our own convenience for retrospectives!

The POTD thread is our opportunity to make our creations and captured moments live on far beyond the moment!

But why POTD and not just Discord?

The methods by which we share files on Discord have their purposes, they are quick, and the best part is you can obtain instant feedback on your creations!

However, files uploaded to the discord, are also essentially lost, the mass of texts and other posts and creations inevitably hides things that should be kept in posterity. Further, navigating to these files on discord is slow and inconvenient.

The forum solves this, as this thread can only be written in by the maintainer, removing clutter, and the thread is more easily explored than through Discord for finding these pieces of art!

I believe both should exist at the same time, posts dually brought to each platform (If desired!), one with posterity, accessible and in fact, publicly viewable, and one quicker, where discussion can happen, and private if needed.

Refresher of the Thread's Rules

The rules and formats of the thread remain mostly (but not completely!) unchanged from my predecessors' own, feel free to read (or reread!) them to guide you into posting your submissions.
  • Your submissions should be sent to me via a PM or a direct message on Discord (you can easily find me on the Official ::JEDI:: discord server)
  • All submissions must meet the rules of the forums
  • Submissions must be related to the JEDI community
  • Though not a must, but it's always preferable to submit the highest quality screenshots possible. You could achieve this by following Sared's guide , in which he explains everything you need to capture the highest quality screenshots possible.
  • Only the maintainers of the thread are allowed to post in it.
  • Finally, and this is an addition of my own; if possible, provide a date to your submission. Preferably the IC date, for example, at the time of writing, it is 441.31, this is preferable to a normal date (31st of December 2023, to give the same date), but if that is not available and all you have is a normal date, feel free to provide it with your submission(s). This will help put creations into context of our history, especially important for events and other screenshots!
Side note: I'd appreciate it if your submissions are already uploaded on a photo hosting site. Imgur, for example. However if you for some reason cannot do this step, do not stop yourself from sending me the submissions anyway!

Here's what to submit

• Artistic Screenshots: Screenshots taken of missions, or daily happenings on the server.
  • Personal Artwork: Screenshots edited by Image Software, a drawing, or cool artwork made via modview and photoshop.
  • JEDI-related Funnies: Screenshots of funny moments on the server. (Funny dialogue, funny screenshots, or a funny typo)
  • Videos/GIFs: Serious or funny videos/GIFs related to JEDI. Making a screenshot compilation video is also an option.
  • Teasers: Artwork and videos for future story arcs, or side missions/arcs (Even if the side mission is very small, if you're inspired to make a cool artwork related to said mission, don't hesitate to send it to me. I'm sure it will be POTD worthy)
Zhu'shk
Padawan Learner

Post by Zhu'shk »

A project that needs your help

I'd like to kick off my taking over of the thread (and the new year), with a related project. I'm sure many are eager to send in submissions, and that's exactly what I want!

But I'd like to organize it more officially. It has been roughly two years and a half since the last post in this thread (and fun fact, that's me in the picture!). And I wholly believe there have been many POTD worthy art, creations and screenshots since then. I'd like to put that here, where it all belongs! Some I already remember and have my eyes on, and many many more that I have escaped me.

Which is why I'd like to request YOUR help, in kickstarting the return of this thread with this project of preservation and appreciation!
  • Consider your favorite moments in JEDI between the First of June, 2021 (The date of the last POTD post!) and today, the First of January 2024
  • Be it art of clan historic or arc/mission events, important steps in character development recorded, your favorite artistic expressions of passion by the community, or screenshots you were proud of that are still laying around in a folder somewhere on your computer or on our ::JEDI:: discord! Anything POTD-worthy!
  • Submit them like you would a normal POTD submission, that is, to me as a PM here on the comport, or on Discord. Don't forget to provide a date if you can, preferably an IC one (Such as 442.01 for example) This will be important to sort them all. Finally if the submission's content aren't yours exactly, make sure you ask permission!
  • This project will have a deadline. Send your special POTD submissions before the .08th of this month at 2359GST, January 8th 2024.
Of course, normal POTD submissions have no deadline or limit! They will be posted starting after the .08th, once I have processed and posted the submissions of this project, hopefully in chronological order!

I encourage you to also take as many nice screenshots of our beautiful new Duneeden Temple any chance you get!
Zhu'shk
Padawan Learner

2021-2023 - A few Highlights

Post by Zhu'shk »

A few selected POTD's from before 2024

I hope you enjoy taking a look at these again, just a few bits of what was made since the last POTD post! Not everything was able to go in, and already this is gonna be a biiig post, still I think it'll make for great memory-lane material.
Wyld Space Act 2 FINALE: Battle for Alzoc III - 422.15

Artistic Screenshots

The Recapture of Alzoc III...
Capture of a Wyld General.

Provider: Eluna Mioni

There Is No Defense - 427.18

Videos/GIFs

Provider: Lars Killan (RepJunkieJr)

Receiving a premonition of an incoming Sith attack on the temple, Lars trains his fellow padawans in the newly discovered ability, Force Dance, so that they might repel the oncoming Sith offense.

There Is No Defence.

Lifeday 2022 - 429

Artistic Screenshots + Personal Artwork

Provider: Patina Lawrelle

Provider: Zhu'shk

Provider: Serbithar Muunen

Provider: Sirius Invictus

Provider: Sirius Invictus

Provider: Pent Desh

Provider: Kiara O'ren
Caption: Life Day Story Time - (Rizka's won, it was beautiful (5))

Barab I Quest - 430.17

Artistic Screenshots

Knighting of Eli Tzineda - 430.22

Artistic Screenshots

Iffo Rav'i dies peacefully aged 102. - 435.29

Videos/GIFs

Provider: Iffo Rav'i

Meeting the Curators - 436.01

Artistic Screenshots

Go to Ossus and find Maverick, say "The tragedy is, Ruun was misunderstood", the answer will be, "As are all men before their time." Follow to find the Curators. - Mysterious Letter

Provider: Eluna Mioni

Project Ysalamir - 438.30

Videos/GIFs

Provider: Donan Healof

Divided Dynasties - Tradition - 439.08

Artistic Screenshots / JEDI-related Funnies

Sirius Invictus - Submissions

Date: 424

Date: 430

Date: 433

Date: 434

Eli Tzineda - Submissions

Personal Artwork

Date: 421-422+

Artistic Screenshots

Date: 417

Caption: That time he got pushed off a rock by Kiara...

Date: 426

Caption: The Barab Beast

Date: 429

Date: 430

Caption: First Knight Outing

Caption: First Knight Class

Date: 431

Date: 433

Caption: Minoda takes on Ilya

Date: 434

Caption: Zhu'shk is apprenticed

Date: 438

Caption: Zhu'shk's gift

Personal Artwork/JEDI-related Funnies

Caption: Rannon Dayz (also you can't see it well but she's got blue eyes)

Caption: Barab Huntz

Provider: Minoda Darkrider

Caption: "Kriff the Republic" - Minoda Darkrider, 2023

Date: 440

Caption: "AAAAAH ZHU'SHK NOO!!" - Sleeveless TyriaJab, coolest Twi'lek I know

Caption: The Wraiths

Date: 439.31 (Duh...)