Allow Admins to spawn info_notnull entities

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Kiara O'ren
Jedi Master | High Councilor

Allow Admins to spawn info_notnull entities

Post by Kiara O'ren »

Hello,

I have been learning about effects and a little bit of scripting in my mapping studies and I think it would be cool if we could use an RPmod command to spawn info_notnull entities and give them a targetname.

For those of you who have no clue what madness I am uttering, these entities are used by JKA to primarily point things, they are pretty much the ultimate point B. This could have a variety of uses!

1. Aim effects like presurized steam, beams, etc that default to just pointing straight up and down

2. Add commands to have NPCs go to, look at, or maybe even shoot at those points.

3. Fling a player there with a trigger_push

4. So much more I can't even think of it.

Obviously that would require a lot of work to add things to other commands like a field where we can define the target of an effect or NPC.

Recommended functions:
/rppoint add (name)
/rppoint list
/rppoint remove (name, number, or all)
/rppoint trace (0 or 1) (since these points are invisible a way to see them may be useful)

And of course, eventually, hopefully, the modifications to /rpeffect and /npc

What do you think?
___________|- Name: Kiara O'ren | Born: 372ABY | Image
|- Initiation: 382.27 ABY -|- Apprenticed: 386.01 ABY -|- Knighted: 397.25 -|- Padawans: Eli Tzineda, Donan Healof, Tarsi Morga -|
Serir Vun
Lost One

Re: Allow Admins to spawn info_notnull entities

Post by Serir Vun »

Bumping this with renewed interest in seeing if this is possible.
⌠ Name: Serir Vun • Species: Duros • Master: Joran Fayara | Iffo Rav'i • Knighted: 410.26 • Birth: 374.14 ABY ⌡
Fenn Rahm
Lost One

Re: Allow Admins to spawn info_notnull entities

Post by Fenn Rahm »

Can we get someone on this?
Xayr'ka Atreus for Jedi Master :mrgreen: