416.07 | Wyld Space: Act 1 FINALE - Defense of Vohai

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights

Donan Healof
Jedi Knight

416.07 | Wyld Space: Act 1 FINALE - Defense of Vohai

Post by Donan Healof »

Wyld Space: Act 1 FINALE - Defense of Vohai
Name: Donan Healof
Date(s): 416.07
Members of the Jedi Order present:
  • Jedi Master Mirkal
  • Padawan Donan Healof

Public Information
Publicly Available Information on the events
Level of Exposure: <Galaxy>
  • We have been asked by the Republic to help facilitate the defense of the planet as the 5th Fleet moves in to reinforce and stem the tide of the Empire’s advances.

A forward invasion force has taken the local defense fleet by surprise, the Empire moving far faster than Republic Intelligence originally predicted. Jedi commanders are needed to mobilize the defense of the planet and to keep the system secure until the 5th fleet can arrive and destroy the invading forces.

Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
  • A short mission briefing before we leave, time was of the essence.
  • Master and I rushed off to the hangar and took our shuttle, upon our arrival we were greeted by Commander Finnius.
  • From my experience planet Vohai has gathered the most resistance I've seen compared to other planets who faced the threat of invasion and asked for the help of Jedi.
  • Not only they had the most numbers I've seen, but their strategy and experience of men was at the highest level I've witnessed so far.
  • Men were scattered amongst a canyon to repel from different positions - to not get flanked or overwhelmed.
  • Master Mirkal took upon himself to defend the biggest clearing and I had the flank.
  • As before but in much greater numbers the Wyld used walkers, soldiers and officers to advance.
  • After defending from numerous waves of enemies we got an emergency message from the fifth fleet of the Republic as they were ambushed and had to abandon the idea of supporting Vohai.

Knight Security Clearance
Information available to Knights+
  • We have fought at least seven officers that wear red coloured suits, it feels like their numbers just keeps growing.
  • Jedi bring a certain hope to the people trying to fight off invaders but even being there we still do not manage to actually save their planet - I feel like there should be some sort of a new tactic or strategy discussed by the Republic and Jedi.

Related Events
Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
Potential: Confirmed:
Summary and Actions
An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

It was not an easy fight from my point at least, I've got multiple burns from blasters and cuts from vibro-blades but both I and Master Mirkal survived. Not only that but we also managed to save five shuttles which left the planet Vohai - safe and well. I feel like we did well, but could've been a better outcome if the we start reading the Wylds' intentions better.

My recommendations are as follows:
  • I truly believe people like Mirkal who have military experience and some others from our order should spend time and re-think our approach to the Wyld. Find new strategies.
  • Planets do not use their own planets benefits to maybe slow down the invading forces. Planting explosives on trees to make them fall on the walkers or exploding the canyon would've been smart and saved more than a few lives