Genuine Question, is ::JEDI:: still going strong?

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Neylniij

Genuine Question, is ::JEDI:: still going strong?

Post by Neylniij »

Anytime I check in, I never see much activity anymore. Am I just checking at bad times?
I want to create a new character and get them invested into the world, but it seems like I'll
be the only person sitting in an empty server once again like every other time I've tried playing
an active role in the community. I'm hoping this is a passing thing, because this is the most
authentic starwars role-playing experience in the world, and I desperately need to scratch this
itch right now.
Aranna Vaan
Jedi Knight

Re: Genuine Question, is ::JEDI:: still going strong?

Post by Aranna Vaan »

In short, yes.

In long, I don't know your time zones and we have more active and less active time slots depending on Europe or NA? So if you're in a timeslot that threads those two it can be challenging to sync up I know.

I suspect as we move into summer here in June you'll also see a lot more activity.

Hope to see you on!

Aranna

Name: Aranna Vaan Birthday: 369.01 Age: 66
Initiation: 376.17 Apprenticed: 382.24 Knighted: 400.30
Neylniij

Post by Neylniij »

I want to believe you, but ever since your reply it still seems incredibly vacant. I check every day, both on forums and on the servers status tab on the website. It seems dead, no hate intended. Very little activity on the weekends for the summer of June, and absolutely vacant on weekdays. I want ::JEDI:: to be at its peak again, but it may be due to migrate somewhere like Swtor. Despite its limitations, the quality of life for this incredible group of rpers seems to be fading.
Eluna
Jedi Knight

Post by Eluna »

What is your timezone ?

◄▌Name : Eluna Mioni Birthdate : 392.28▐►
◄▌Homeplanet : Thustra Initiated : 400.10 Mentor : Saesee Yaren▐►

Victor Blackheart
Padawan

Post by Victor Blackheart »

Hey there ! I am one of the newbies who is looking to join and I was also wondering at what times is the server most active. I am in GMT+1 time zone but quite often I stay up until very late hours.

About 10 years ago I tried my hand in here with my old old account but was not as much in to Heavy RP as I am today!

Hopefully I am not to late. See you all soon!

PS: Do you guys have a discord or something? :D
Aranna Vaan
Jedi Knight

Post by Aranna Vaan »

Neylniij wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:43 am I want to believe you, but ever since your reply it still seems incredibly vacant. I check every day, both on forums and on the servers status tab on the website.
Being a 'hopeful' means that you won't have access to the most active parts of the forums, so a lot of activity that happens you're not privy to yet.
Neylniij wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:43 am It seems dead, no hate intended.
No hate received :lol: You're just speaking your experience.
Neylniij wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:43 amVery little activity on the weekends for the summer of June, and absolutely vacant on weekdays.
We had a number of lessons and multi-hour missions this last week. I'm wondering what times GST you tried to log in?
Neylniij wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:43 amI want ::JEDI:: to be at its peak again, but it may be due to migrate somewhere like Swtor. Despite its limitations, the quality of life for this incredible group of rpers seems to be fading.
If finding RP on SWTOR is preferential to you that is, of course, your prerogative. The style of storytelling we tell here is enhanced by our chosen medium in ways that, I believe, would be robbed in MMO's because of the way they're structured.

TLDR - We're around, we're doing lessons and missions and we've done many this last week. Keep your eye on the server and, also, feel free to just log in as your hopeful and hang out! Activity spurs activity and if I see you on and I'm available I'll be sure to stop by!

Name: Aranna Vaan Birthday: 369.01 Age: 66
Initiation: 376.17 Apprenticed: 382.24 Knighted: 400.30
Teynara Jeralyr
Lost One

Post by Teynara Jeralyr »

You are, of course, very welcome to join the community and drive some activity yourself. We fully encourage that approach!
Kiara O'ren
Jedi Master | High Councilor

Post by Kiara O'ren »

I believe in quality over quantity. I'd rather have the servers available for members to have meaningful interactions at will rather than a deluge of players spinning their tires on the server every day simply in the name of being online.

Your concern is appreciated, Neylniij, but doesn't make sense. As a forum guest, you can only see the tip of the iceberg when it comes to activity and it is dubious to think a newcomer would have any skin in the game of JEDI "being at it's peak again" or any knowledge of whether the "quality seems to be fading."

Whether you are ill-informed or a estranged member attempting to spread negativity for unknown reasons, I think it's clear this thread's run its course.

For that reason, I'm locking it.
___________|- Name: Kiara O'ren | Born: 372ABY | Image
|- Initiation: 382.27 ABY -|- Apprenticed: 386.01 ABY -|- Knighted: 397.25 -|- Padawans: Eli Tzineda, Donan Healof, Tarsi Morga -|