[Closed] Basic Lightsaber Proficiency Exam

Archived list of completed, student-level classes.

Moderators: Jedi Masters, Jedi Knights

Victor Blackheart
Padawan

[Closed] Basic Lightsaber Proficiency Exam

Post by Victor Blackheart »

Subject Requested: Basic Lightsaber Proficiency Exam

Public/Private Lesson: Public

Availability: Anytime just contact me and we can organize

Reason For Request: I believe I am ready to take the said exam. I have been practicing each day with fellow students and masters as well as holograms. I have also been exercising each day to make sure I am strong enough physically to take it! Doing 10 laps around the sand arena and outside the temple once in the morning, after lunch and before sleep!

I have also done I think majority of the classes from the list that was provided to me before attempting to take it.

I have also done multiple Shii-Cho classes as well as few defense classes with Master Kuuroc and Rhuacca. Due to this I think I am ready and prepared to take the said exam.

Additional Information: nothing extra
Varlo Racktor
Jedi Adept

Re: [Open] Basic Lightsaber Proficiency Exam

Post by Varlo Racktor »

Initiate Blackheart,

From my eye I believe that you are not ready to take this exam. Of course you can approach the resident Battlemaster, Lady Jeralyr for her thoughts on the matter though more time to refine and sharpen your blade work is necessary. I’m available from 1600 GST for further instruction.

Master Varlo
Teynara Jeralyr
Lost One

Post by Teynara Jeralyr »

Victor,

I'd have to assess your skills to be certain, but the lightsaber exam is about far more than simple proficiency with a blade: it is about understanding the mindset and concepts underpinning Shii-Cho, and why we chose to adopt those as our initial lightsaber form. There's a theory segment as well as a practical one, and I'm not certain that you're ready to tackle that.

However, I'm more than happy to discuss it further with you, if you'd like, and conduct your test if you're adamant that you're ready to move forward with it.

Talk to you soon!

Regards,

- Teynara
Victor Blackheart
Padawan

Post by Victor Blackheart »

Master Racktor and Councilor Jeralyr

I completely understand your concern but I do truly think I am ready to give it a shot. If I fail it I will commit to my studies even further to expand my knowledge on aspects of the form itself to be more prepared in the future.

I will for sure contact you Master Varlo for the extra instructions on the subject. And I will certainly love to meet you with Master Jeralyr one day to discuss it further.

- Victor
Kiara O'ren
Jedi Master | High Councilor

Re: [Closed] Basic Lightsaber Proficiency Exam

Post by Kiara O'ren »

The Council has determined that the proficiency exam shall be administered closer to when Initiates are ready to embark on the Initiate Trials. This matter will be re-addressed then if it hasn't already occurred.
___________|- Name: Kiara O'ren | Born: 372ABY | Image
|- Initiation: 382.27 ABY -|- Apprenticed: 386.01 ABY -|- Knighted: 397.25 -|- Padawans: Eli Tzineda, Donan Healof, Tarsi Morga -|