434.13 // New Councilor

The JEDI Council's channel for public announcements
The Jedi Council
Jedi Council

434.13 // New Councilor

Post by The Jedi Council »

Greetings,

We would like to announce that Jedi Knight Pent Desh has been granted a seat on the Council. We would like to congratulate them on the position as a Councilor here in our branch.

They will now post a personal message below. If anyone has any questions or concerns you are free to contact us and we shall do our best to provide you with answers.

Regards,
- The JEDI Council.

The Jedi Council of Duneeden

Pent Desh
Jedi Knight | High Councilor

Re: 434.13 // New Councilor

Post by Pent Desh »

In the late 90's I smacked into the information superhighway like a flaming sack of crap, where I found players on the MSN Gaming Zone to duel against in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight (Mysteries of the Sith as well).

In 2002 with the launch of Jedi Outcast, and then Jedi Academy the following year I would also get into online gaming, and would really learn how to 'play' with others through the medium of the internet.

In 2008, I found a map called Atlantica by Szico VII that absolutely blew me away. In the map's readme file was a note that it had been made for ::JEDI:: with a URL to the site.

It's been almost fifteen years and I've gotten to know and play with some of the most creative and talented people I've ever met, all together peeling away the daily curtain to take a peek into a galaxy far far away.

Stories are powerful things. Creating a place where one feels safe and comfortable enough to tell stories with others, and have their own story be heard, is a very powerful thing.

I'm here to tell stories, and make some Star Wars happen. It is truly my honor to continue serving the community in order to see those stories unfold.

I hope you enjoyed my story, and I can't wait to see you tell yours.