435.19 | Retrieval

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Knights, Jedi Masters

Zhu'shk
Padawan Learner

435.19 | Retrieval

Post by Zhu'shk »

435.19 | Retrieval
Name: Zhu'shk
Date(s): 435.19
Location: Krant System, R-14, Bothan Sector, Specific area around and including Master Bwua'Tu's camp.
Members of the Jedi Order present:
  • Zhu'shk, Padawan learner
  • Eli Tzineda, Jedi Knight

Public Information
Publicly Available Information on the events
Level of Exposure: <Sector>
  • Venerable Jedi Master Korith Bwua'Tu, a male Bothan, Former investigator and General during the times of the Imperium War and the Wyld War, had become one with the Force.
  • He was a part of a Bothan class of great importance, and his kin wish to have their own ceremony with his remains.
  • No public information about whether his remains were recovered or not have been given so far.

Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
  • Jedi Knight Eliana Katel of the Dantooine Branch, Former padawan of Jedi Master Bwua'Tu, requested the Rannon Branch's help in recovering Master Bwua'tu's remains on the Krant System, a forest world, unavailable to do so herself, tending to the Gathering for her own pupil on Ilum.
  • She explained that, due to his age, his passing was expected. She felt his death through their Force bond. She also explained that he meant much to many, herself, colleagues, but importantly, his kin within the Bothan, as he came from a social class of great prestige, and they wish to have their own ceremony for his passing.
  • Jedi Master Mirkal, former colleague of Master Bwua'Tu, tasked Master Eli Tzineda, and his padawan, to recover Master Bwua'tu's remains. Chosen due to Master Katel's wish for the Jedi picked to be ones with familiarity and respect for nature. Coordinates were shared to Padawan Zhu'shk's Datapad, and Master Tzineda and Padawan Zhu'shk left immedietly for travel.
  • Landing on Krant, Master Tzineda and Padawan Zhu'shk travelled to the camp on foot using the padawan's datapad for directions to the exact coordinates. After a distance, the datapad began to have some sort of technical difficulty, the screen unreadable from glitches, until eventually the datapad itself started a long reformatting, becoming useless. At that point in time, it is thought to be the fault of the padawan's own modifications to the standard issued equipment.
  • Master Tzineda used the Force to guide both to the camp proper. It was a small camp, with a tent, a bed, a stool, two crates of supply (Foodstuffs), a glowlamp, a cup and an unlit campfire. The camp bordered a misty pond. By the supplies, a howler feasted upon the salvaged foodstuffs. Upon Master Tzineda's command, the padawan scared away the howler out of the camp area, and investigation began proper.
  • Master Korith's remains were not seen in plain sight. The remains were not within the camp, nor inside the pond's water.
  • The inside of the tent carried Master Bwua'tu's scent.
  • The cup found in the camp, was on the ground, and determined to have been thrown or dropped hastily, and not too long ago.
  • No footprints of the master were were found around the camp, only the Howler's.
  • Inside the pond was a fishing pole, also seeminly thrown haphazardly.
  • It was determined none of the wildlife could have killed Master Korith Bwua'tu.
  • By the water, is a depression in the mud, fitting the shape of the stool also present in the camp, the depression itself carries Master Bwua'Tu's scent, but not the stool present in the camp. It was suspected that area was used to sit and fish from.
  • Seeking other clues elsewhere, Master Tzineda and Padawan Zhu'shk move from the camp to other nearby areas. Moving away, the Padawan's datapad's glitching had stopped, it was suspected to have been caused by the use of some sort of Jammer.
  • Padawan Zhu'shk sensed the frequency of technology towards a cave entrance, which gave off the scent of a nest of howlers. No howlers were nearby when they entered. The piece of technology, among bones, was a ship component, suspected to be some sort of landing gear or docking clamp, no information as to what model it could have come from was discovered, but it was determined that it could definitely not have come from a standard-issued E-wing due to size.
  • No further clues were found inside the cave. In a nearby meadow, there were three depressions in the ground, determined to have been from the landing gears of an E-wing, Master Bwua'tu's E-wing, but no E-wings present.
  • Master Tzineda and Padawan Zhu'shk began surveying the surroundings from above, before returning to the Rannon Praxeum. Without the remains.

Knight Security Clearance
Information available to Knights+
  • Just before finding the camp, where the datapad started glitching, aswell as inside the camp itself, an emotion, instinct? Feeling? Was present. It is undescribable, only felt in very few situations for Padawan Zhu'shk, it is a feeling of incorrect, illogical, strange. I believe it is called, Eerie. Something was profoundly wrong about the area. I do not understand it, I am unsure if it is useful information.

Jedi Council Clearance
Information available to Council+ and mission attendees.
  • It was determined by Master Tzineda that the hastily thrown fishing pole carried the emotion of 'Fear'.
Related Events
Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
Potential: The disappearance of Master Karak of the Taloraan Edifice.
Confirmed: None.
Summary and Actions
An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

In my opinion..

Master Korith Bwua'tu died a violent death, the cause was something he feared profoundly. I cannot pretend to be aware of a Jedi Master's capabilities, especially a specific individual, but it is my impression that a Jedi Master who used to be a great investigator and general for the biggest conflicts of the last century and more, would not easily be scared.

I do not believe he would be scared of death, I do not believe he would have anything to fear from the wildlife of a planet he knows so well. I am unsure if a Jedi Master would even fear bounty hunters. What could he have possibly seen, faced, to throw what he holds in a hurry, so fearful it 'imprinted' his fear in his last possessions?

The ship component, this tells of another ship having arrived recently, with enough power left to give off a small signal for me to detect, the jammer may be something left on purpose aswell, to keep the master from communicating with the outside. A sentient is likely behind this. The lack of footprints, this could be a hint that Master Korith was taken from right where his camp was, without letting him flee, perhaps fear from being abducted in some way, and dying aboard. Perhaps a struggle is the cause of the ship component detaching, dragged away by howlers for one reason or another.

Or perhaps this idea is wrong, and he was not abducted, the footprints simply fading, perhaps he fled to his E-wing, and was destroyed in flight, explaining the lack of his spacecraft, or perhaps, it, too, was abducted along with its master.

Why was the stool not carrying the master's scent, and away from the impression in the mud it was at previously? Perhaps whoever killed the master moved the stool somewhere else to appear like nothing had happened, unaware of the fishing pole and the cup. Or perhaps the stool was stained with the Master's blood, and was cleaned to leave no evidence, washing away the Master's scent, then placed where most unsuspecting...

We are still unaware of how, who and why. But I believe there is at least one lead which may be useful.

Master Korith Bwua'tu was a general and investigator, one of greatest at those, according to Master Mirkal who knew him. He was active during the Imperium War and the Wyld War, I was informed. He had many colleagues who he meant much to, and will be missed by. But it should not be forgotten that he may also have equally as many enemies. What and who did he investigate? As a general, against who were his battles against?

And most importantly, do they have fearsome warriors, those who would cause him to truly feel what, I have heard, can be controlled so easily for those with his experience, fear? Who could defeat and kill a Jedi Master of his skill? Who hates and wishes to kill him? What did he do to cause someone to hate him so?

This must be no accident, somewhere so isolated, a Jedi master being found, killed, provided Fear. This is an assassination, and I believe they thought we would not notice. But who is the assassin?

The delay for this mission report is by my own mistake, I wrote slowly and carefully with someone's advice in mind. Hopefully this is understandable Basic.

My recommendations are as follows...
  • Find someone with the ability to see the history of objects... I have heard this exists, Psycho....Meter. This fishing pole is perhaps key. It is still at the bottom of the pond. This is perhaps the most fruitful lead forward.
  • Research into Master Bwua'tu's past assignments for leads to any possible suspect or motive.
  • Search for the source of the equipment malfunctions around the area of the camp. May aswell search for any new clues in general while at it, but this one is most confirmed to be present.
  • Have the artisans recover and inspect the ship component thoroughly, if there is any way to glean any information as to what ship it was connected to, it may help know what to look for.
  • Send out warnings to look for a stolen E-wing, one should be careful of such thing.
  • Look into protection for other Jedi who have served alongside Bwua'Tu or have similar situations, aswell as any lone hermit Jedi. Further, perhaps check Jedi who have not spoken very much recently and are alone, if they are still safe.
  • Send diplomats to Master Bwua'Tu's kindred Bothans to explain the lack of recovery of remains without compromising subtlety about the situation. I had the impression the subject of the Bothans also wishing a ceremony may be a situation of tension.