445.19 | Thanium Worlds - Snakes in the Garden Part I

The official channel for delivery mission reports to the Council, as well as an archive for past missions.

Moderators: Jedi Knights, Jedi Masters

Zhu'shk
Padawan Learner

445.19 | Thanium Worlds - Snakes in the Garden Part I

Post by Zhu'shk »

Overview/Mission Name
Name: Zhu'shk
Date(s): 445.19
Location: Thanium Worlds Sector, Refueling Station orbiting Arcan IV.
Members of the Jedi Order present:
  • Jedi Knight Nicole Vantane
  • Jedi Knight Nil Zendu
  • Padawan Learner Rizka Barrow
  • Padawan Learner Zhu'shk

Public Information
Publicly Available Information on the events
Level of Exposure: <Planet>
  • Some sort of security incident was reported on the Refueling station.

Padawan Security Clearance
Information available to Padawans+
  • The Jedi met with the Starlight Corps, tasked with finding incriminating evidence on the Third Estate Ambassador set to convince the major planets of the Thanium worlds of including the Third Estate in the talks.
  • The investigation was to be done covertly.
  • The Jedi travelled to the refueling station at the same time as the Ambassador, Yolex Brawn and two of his personal guard. There, Master Zendu and Padawan Barrow set on to distract Ambassador Brawn. Master Vantane and Padawan Zhu'shk acted to break into the Ambassador's hangar, ship and on-board console.
  • The difficulty of entry into the Hangar required Padawan Zhu'shk to seek the help of the other team in obtaining the Ambassador's ID, which was obtained and later returned, successfully.
  • After successfully slicing onto the onboard computer's two-factor authenticator, Master Vantane and Padawan Zhu'shk discovered the following communication that was to be delivered to a contact along the itinerary of the ship towards Lienna.
Restricted_files wrote:Esteemed Macrona the Hutt, leader of the Ice-Flame Chamber,

Enclosed is the payment of 1.8 million credits for delivering the next shipment of explosive ordinance to Traditionalist Leader Pavlino Gincip on Stenos.

The plan is working far better than expected. We can anticipate the worlds of Thanium falling in line when we offer them salvation from their ancestral enemy. We will stay in touch.
  • The metadata of the files have remained intact.
  • No sign of tampering was left on the console, ship or hangar area.
  • Once all objectives were over, some sort of security incident was reported purposefully for cover.
  • Master Zendu and Padawan Barrow have also secured vocal admissions from the Ambassador.

Related Events
Links to either potential or confirmed related events/stories/missions
Potential: 443.23 | Making Connections
Confirmed: 443.14 | Secrets in the Night
443.18 // Stenax Emperor Hautrn Turns 243, Health Raises Concerns Over Succession
445.11 // Chancellor Claims Republic on Track to Economic Recovery
Summary and Actions
An opinion offered by the reportee and their recommended actions.
Shares with same clearance with the highest used section above

In my opinion..

The Starlight Corps' goals are good and logical, the Third Estate is to be suspected, pirates and smugglers to be taken care of, Thanium Worlds to be protected sufficiently, and for them to work as one.

However I question the Ethical aspect of sneaking aboard a diplomat's ship to desperately look for any possibly humiliating or incriminating evidence and yet with no prior suspicion of there being any. And especially to ask of Jedi to do such things for them.

The results however are undeniable, as are the Third Estate's crimes.

My recommendations are as follows...
  • I would closely monitor the Starlight Corps and what they ask Jedi to perform, despite the danger the Third Estate poses.
  • I would closely monitor the Major Planets' meeting, and the Third Estate's/Traditionalist Stenax Party's reaction to the impending rejection. As was theorized by Master Vantane in debriefing, it is likely the explosives mentioned in the message will be used once the more peaceful political approach fails.
  • Additional investigation into the Ice-Flame Chamber, and Macrona the Hutt, would be effective.
  • Most importantly, while we have the advantage and they are not aware yet that we know Pavlino Gincip has the explosives, he should be directly investigated, and the explosives repossessed. If they find out we know they have them, they will hide them, haste is recommended.