Saber Moves

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Saber Moves

Post by Axem Keigoku »

While working on my personal saber, I realised that the single, dual and Staff doesn't have all the same 'attacks combination'.

By this, I mean that there is no Jump+Attack combo in singe, JUmp+Bacl+attack either, etc.

I think it would be nice to have some of these moves added to the stances that are missing them...

It's not in very large details, but anyway, I think people will get the point.

¬ Axem
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

This is kinda related to Axem's idea, which I also agree with, i think the single stance should have an attack similar to the staff's backflip attack. Also, I think that somehow a kick should be added to the single saber stances. Somehow make Saberthrow one of the selectable force powers and make the alt attack a kick.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
korto

Post by korto »

I agree with both ideas. And if the player feels more comfortable with saberthrow on alt he still can change it in the options menu.
Raz Rear

Post by Raz Rear »

I know i'm necro posting but....
I tried many mods and just found these two : Wooty mod and Chaos force mod. Why i'm talking about them? Because Wooty mod (i know, strange name) have some features that JA+ didnt, like /emote command, what you can use for ANY emotes you can see in JKA (There are like 1500 emotes, including saber moves etc.) and Chaos force mod because of new saber moves (if anyone want try it, its on jk files). I was wondering too about OJP 'dodge' for guests, as a blaster for them (I have no idea how to done it but if charge mod of blaster pistol will be removed for guests, it cant be that bad...). More about the 'dodge'. Jedis have their sabers to block enemy fire and attacks (im counting TO and JO members too, because i seen many of them have their own accounts with highter levels) why guest cant be placed before a choice : vibroblade or limited dodge (i think dodge usage can be found in OJP).
And on the end i want just say : Good job with mod, even it is beta, its VERY good work.

-Raz-
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

These can be added to individual sabers in the .sab file. Adding them permanently to the mod I believe would hinder the use of the current actions done by performing the above combinations.

Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Ctathos wrote:These can be added to individual sabers in the .sab file. Adding them permanently to the mod I believe would hinder the use of the current actions done by performing the above combinations.
I have tried that, but the Single saber does not have certain combo...

Why I said
By this, I mean that there is no Jump+Attack combo in singe, JUmp+Bacl+attack either, etc.
Eldor Xer'jera

Post by Eldor Xer'jera »

Would this be added to the mod by any chance. The idea sounds very good. All though some things are ok because the powers of the hilts are mostly well-balanced.
Tinthros Vos
Lost One

Post by Tinthros Vos »

I agree with Axem.
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

I don't think we need to add all powers to all saber types. Each saber has different pros and cons, I don't think we need to go as far to add new system to Saber Mechanics.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.