Strange Problems

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Kishon Sanria

Strange Problems

Post by Kishon Sanria »

Ever since the mod has been implemented on the server, I have been encountering strange and game-crippling problems. The problems are so strange and severe that I have been unable to play at all since the mod has been out.

The reason I am experiencing these problems is because I use a mac and there is no mac version of the mod. However, the question is not "why" but "how do I fix it until the mac version of the mod comes out."

Here are the problems that I have been having:

I connect to the server and enter the game. The camera views in spectator mode do not follow people like they should, they are stationed in vary unusual locations that allow me to see very little.

Secondly, there is no text displayed when people type things and the HUD is missing. As is all non-game screen elements.

My TAB key function is disabled, not allowing me to see who is in game.

None of my binds work.

The camera view behind my character is closer than it is normally.

For some odd reason, every model in the game is an old skin that Wesley used to use ((Gabe and Marr have witnessed this first hand)).

As well as other strange problems.

Here is what I've tried to fix it, with no success:

The very first thing I tried was to install the mod without the installer, by following Soh's instructions. After trying and getting the above result, I talked to Soh and realized the mod would not work for mac. I deleted the RPmod files, leaving only my JA+ mod like it was before the RPmod was released.

When I tried to enter the game like I had for years before the mod was released, I got the above problems.

I re-installed the game, put everything back in my base folder... only to get these strange problems.

Any help would be fantastic.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

To me it sounds like alot of those problems are apart of your cfg files.

Try "cg_drawhud" and if it says "0" change it to "1". "0" turns off your HUD, which might include the server stats (Tab).

Binds would be also in your cfg file. We all had to create a cfg for the new mod.

Having a closer camera to your model might be your "cg_fov" setting. Default is 80.

All of the old Wes skins might be because you have your setting set to "Defer Model: On" which won't change models until you hit tab or die, turn it off to allow skin changes to be applied immediately.

Overall, it sounds like your cfg files got over-written to return to base JKA settings. Give the stuff I recommend a try and get back to me.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Re: Strange Problems

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Kishon Sanria wrote: I connect to the server and enter the game. The camera views in spectator mode do not follow people like they should, they are stationed in vary unusual locations that allow me to see very little.
Could you provide a screenshot of that 'view'?

Alkaiser pointed out good calls there, but I am unsure about the view issue in spec mode.

¬ Axem
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I will also add cg_draw2D 1 to Alkaiser's list.

You might also simply want to delete (or backup first) your jampconfig.cfg from BOTH your Base and rpmod folders, because when a jampconfig.cfg is missing in a Mod folder (here, rpmod), the game simply copies the one from Base, which might have been altered long ago. When deleting it, the game should simply recreate one from the defaults.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I'd say trash the mac and buy a pc...

But yeah, the cg_draw2d 1 will bring up the things you're not seeing. As for the other stuff, what have you changed since the other day, because the other day your game worked okay, except for tab not working.
Wesley Ryor
Lost One

Post by Wesley Ryor »

I agree with just getting a PC, But not everyone simply has a spare 1,500 dollars just lying around the house... While you can buy a PC at the store for like 300 dollars... All you're getting is the shell.. after putting all the essential programs and stuff in it.. It can be very costly.

Im sure there can be solutions... And for as seeing one of my old skins.... >_>... Like, back when I was a teenager??... If so.... You'll notice I was sexy then too....
"Great men of action ... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are."
Kishon Sanria

Post by Kishon Sanria »

Here are the screens of what I have been experiencing:

The first one is what happens when I join the game:

This second one is one of the Spectator mode views:

Very strange stuff indeed. Hopefully what you all sugessted is the problems seen above.

I thank you for all who are taking the time to help me fix these problems.