Guest Accounts

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Guest Accounts

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I have come across this in the OOC forums, and I thought of maybe a way to solve this.

We currently have 3 classes of Jedi, which gives different powers at different levels. Fine.

I'd suggest we create a 4th class, called Guest.

The Guest class would not be able to use Lv4 and 5 powers, nor be allowed to use the extra HP and/or FP that other classes give.

They would also only get the BaseJKa equivalent in terms of points to spend on their Template.

This would make it same as if they were on a generic server, and wouldn't be different from when we were on JA+

¬ Axem
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Amen.

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

One of the major points of having accounts is to make things a bit more realistic. Last I checked force-sensitives weren't a majority of people. Not every guest coming to the Jedi Temple should have Force powers. It's a fact of reality (albeit fictional reality in SW).

The Council's working on getting rules in place for this sort-of thing.
Arkallon
Lost One

Post by Arkallon »

Semantics aside, I think that a secondary account type for recognized visitors is a good solution.

This way they can participate, but they're not given anything they wouldn't ordinarily have anyway.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

While, ya FS is only a minute fraction of the galactic community. We also have to take into consideration the fact that JKA is about Jedi, and game mechanics are optimized for Force use.

It boils down to this: people will want to play Jedi/FS, but I don't think we should accommodate everyone who just wants to use the mod.

We just gotta wait until all the hoop-law dies down.
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

What the heck is hoop-law?

Yeah, even though it would be nice to have force powers, I think you just add a blaster pistol to the guests, as most people didn't go around with a 5 foot long vibroblade, maybe a knife, but not a sword.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I agree with adding a fourth class for guests.

Halt, while I agree with your statement too, I'm not sure if that is practical. I should think there would be much complaining if guests did not have at least vibroswords for their favorite pasttime: dueling. I do think that blaster pistols are more 'realistic', however.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Currently, guests have nothing (no vibro, no powers). Same for Hopefuls. If we create Accounts, it's for people from acknowledged clans, and they get an average amount of XP depending on their clan's rank. There is no need for a separate Jedi class.
Halt Arratay

Post by Halt Arratay »

What about the blaster? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Aldia

Post by Aldia »

He said guests get NO WEAPONS of any sorts. only melee :roll:

234.20 [57?]
Beloved Wife, Mother, & Princess

I don't need you to believe in me to make me know I'm worth believing in.
I can stand my own ground & stand proud on my own two feet.
I don't need to be apart of someone else to be complete, what I really need comes from inside of me.

Kavar Starkiller
Lost One

Post by Kavar Starkiller »

Yep, and it's a good thing too. Shorter range :D.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Soh Raun wrote:Currently, guests have nothing (no vibro, no powers). Same for Hopefuls. If we create Accounts, it's for people from acknowledged clans, and they get an average amount of XP depending on their clan's rank. There is no need for a separate Jedi class.
Thanks for the clarification.