A number of suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Alkaiser
Lost One

A number of suggestions

Post by Alkaiser »

Just been thinking about various things, mainly effects and animations.
  • Perhaps the Heal Other ability could have an added graphic effect on the "caster's" hand, as does Grip/Hold, or Heal level 1-2. Illustrated example.
  • It might just be personal preference, but I find the "idle animation" (the one where if you don't move your model looks around, then clenches its fist) to be too frequent (its only on a 5-10 second delay), perhaps it could be altered to only go off at 30 second intervals?
  • Also, probably personal preference, but I think the mod lacks a good "floor-sitting" emote, the only two that function would be the lotus and the meditation, which in my opinion, look too meditation-esque (and with rigged models, the eyelids get heavy when doing the meditation emote). Perhaps a "sloppy" cross-legged position (I think JA+ had a decent one [/amsit3 I think] that could be ripped).
  • Along the same lines of animations, the "talk" animation, I find inappropriate in ALL "spoken lines", as body language portrays something in communication; perhaps it could be rigged to go off only every 10th "chat-send".
I think I might have some more, but they currently elude the 2am Evan.
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Re: A number of suggestions

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Alkaiser wrote: [*]It might just be personal preference, but I find the "idle animation" (the one where if you don't move your model looks around, then clenches its fist) to be too frequent (its only on a 5-10 second delay), perhaps it could be altered to only go off at 30 second intervals?

[*](I think JA+ had a decent one [/amsit3 I think] that could be ripped).
I agree with the idle animation, it should be changed, removed or delayed if that's possible. Alk, amsit3 is now emliedown on the rpmod and it works fine.
There should be a new sitting emote though for younglings, because adults can /emsit on ledges and stuff, when younglings do it we end up half-in the wall because of our size, if a second emote for the smaller people could be added that'd be great.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Alkaiser wrote:
  • Perhaps the Heal Other ability could have an added graphic effect on the "caster's" hand, as does Grip/Hold, or Heal level 1-2. Illustrated example.
Good idea, I'll try to make an effect for it.
Alkaiser wrote:
  • It might just be personal preference, but I find the "idle animation" (the one where if you don't move your model looks around, then clenches its fist) to be too frequent (its only on a 5-10 second delay), perhaps it could be altered to only go off at 30 second intervals?
I agree it's too frequent: it happens 5 seconds after becoming idle, then repeats after 5 other seconds + a random bonus of 0 to 2 seconds. I think I'll raise it to 20 seconds with a random bonus of 5 to 10 seconds.
Alkaiser wrote:
  • Also, probably personal preference, but I think the mod lacks a good "floor-sitting" emote, the only two that function would be the lotus and the meditation, which in my opinion, look too meditation-esque (and with rigged models, the eyelids get heavy when doing the meditation emote). Perhaps a "sloppy" cross-legged position (I think JA+ had a decent one [/amsit3 I think] that could be ripped).
As Nivek said, /amsit3 is /emliedown in RPMod.
Alkaiser wrote:
  • Along the same lines of animations, the "talk" animation, I find inappropriate in ALL "spoken lines", as body language portrays something in communication; perhaps it could be rigged to go off only every 10th "chat-send".
In the next version, there is a /rpclientconfig command to toggle on and off the talk anim (and ledge grab, and the saber on/off anims). But.. hmm.. maybe I could also make it happen randomly (like 1/3 chances to trigger it).
Nivek wrote:There should be a new sitting emote though for younglings, because adults can /emsit on ledges and stuff, when younglings do it we end up half-in the wall because of our size, if a second emote for the smaller people could be added that'd be great.
The Sleep and Sit emotes are fixed in the next version, so they will work no matter the model scale (player size).
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

I know my suggestion for an emote might look stupid, but is it possible to make a "crossarm" emote like amwait, without making you look with legs crossed and all back? It would be very nice... I remember it from JK2 at least (amcrossarms)

You can't choose what is right

Tinthros Vos
Lost One

Post by Tinthros Vos »

I agree with alk and I have another suggestion, I guess it's animation but i'm not sure...If you can add holsters for vibro sowrds and swords? last time i saw someone with a vibrosword they switched to melee and it was still out.
Arkallon
Lost One

Post by Arkallon »

All of Alk's suggestions and Soh's responses sound great to me.
I think if I had to pick between randomization and client-side config for the chat-anim, I'd prefer client side settings.

Personally I like seeing the animation frequently, but I can see how some might find it irritating or inappropriate.
Let the blade of wisdom pierce through the veil of the obvious to reveal the unseen truth behind it.
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

/amsit3 is /emliedown in RPMod.
Like I said, I think obviously I'm wrong, because the emote I'm thinking of is the "sloppy" cross-legged position, Asphar says it might have been the /amsit4
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

It's amsit4
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Soh Raun wrote:
Alkaiser wrote:
In the next version, there is a /rpclientconfig command to toggle on and off the talk anim (and ledge grab, and the saber on/off anims). But.. hmm.. maybe I could also make it happen randomly (like 1/3 chances to trigger it).
Having it toggle-able would be fine, I was just looking for a way to turn it down.
Aayla Vigil wrote:I know my suggestion for an emote might look stupid, but is it possible to make a "crossarm" emote like amwait, without making you look with legs crossed and all back? It would be very nice... I remember it from JK2 at least (amcrossarms)
One that had slipped my mind. I'd like to see this be implimented (I always disliked the /amwait emote), similar to the "tease & hips" emotes, where you can walk around.