[CLOSED] Template/Journal Won't Save

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Syrena Exan
Lost One

[CLOSED] Template/Journal Won't Save

Post by Syrena Exan »

I've only gotten this recently, but when I save my template in game, whether it be via the Save Template button or /rpsavetemplate, the template in my journal is blank and says I haven't applied any of my points. It USED to work. Not sure what's up with it, but I can't fix it.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Utho Astrocan
Lost One

Post by Utho Astrocan »

My template has never saved ingame.
Nothing can Stop me now.
"We are all one in the end"
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

This problem seems to come from the UI (User Interface), more precisely the Profile windows you see when you first arrive on the server or when you click Profile in the menu. They include the skin selection, Force powers selection, and saber selection windows.

You must not Login or Logout when one of the Profile windows is displayed.

The UI's internal state isn't properly updated when you do that, and results in overriding the Force powers with the previous ones. For example when you arrive in the server, all your powers are at Level 0. If you Login, they will first get loaded properly, then if you click Join, they will be reset to Level 0.

Temporary solutions:
  • Join Spectator or join the game, then Login, and if necessary come back to the Profile windows to adjust your Template. Click Apply, then do /rpsavetemplate in the console.
  • Login at the Skin selection window (the first one), then choose your Force powers (opening this window will update the UI's internal state), click Apply, and click Join. Then /rpsavetemplate
This is already fixed in the development version (the UI will automatically update itself when you Login or Logout).

As for the Save Template button.. ok don't use it for the moment, it's not really working as it should. Working on it.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Save Template button fixed in development version. For the moment, don't use it.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Bug fixed.

You can now use the Save Template button normally, with RPMod Client 0.3.0