Professions template

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Professions template

Post by Syrena Exan »

After dicussing the proffession with Nivek today (Consular, Guardian, Sentinel) I realised how hard it is to choose a proffession without really knowing what you'll get. The page on it isn't very descriptive. Could we add images of a full template for each so we have a better idea of what we're getting when we pick?

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

I think it would be very helpful in deciding what class to take, especially in the long-run.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

All three classes have the same Template in the end, i.e. all powers unlocked to Lv5.

Since there is 18 powers, at 5 levels each, it makes a 90 'powers' template. The Mod allows you 76 of these, or 84% (instead of BaseJKa 65% on Jedi Master Force). It is entirely up to the player/character to decide and pick which class suits them best.

Best way to think about it is to ask yourself questions, such as
  • Do I want to learn sabering rapidly?
  • Would I rather having a large amount of Force power?
  • To me, is it more important to be fair in all aspect of the training?
  • etc
These will help you focus and pick the right class for you. Also, there is always exterior guidance.

Note that you should 'act' as you class : a Consular are librarians and archivists, and thus should seek knowledge through their training, not only practice of their power. Guardians would be adept at developing, training and learning new styles of combat, armed or not. Sentinels will hone their sabering skills while not hinder their abilities to use the Force.

The best way is to go with what you think fits you best.

¬ Axem
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

That really still doesn't give me much detail or an idea of what I'm getting into. What exactly can each class have and not have, saber-wise, force-wise, etc? Cause I know the original post said consulars have some physical restrictions, and vice versa. I want a detailed layout of how each class works.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Master Keigoku provided all you really need to know. Gaining powers and what-not is just something that comes along with training. Keep the choice of a class a RP aspect, not an OOC aspect. "Do I want to be a philosopher?" as opposed to "Do I want to get hold, heal, and mind trick quickly?"
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

The best way to see what you'd get, is to count the number of powers (a power is one level... so, if you have Jump 2, you have 2 powers.) and multiply it by 100.

That means if you have 10 powers, you have 1000 XP. You'll keep the same number of powers, and check which level you'd be at. From the charts in the other thread, simply make up a selection you'd like.

You may also then check what will be the HP, FP and FR stats for your class and level.

Hope this helps.

¬ Axem