Level based fall-damage

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Level based fall-damage

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I think it would be a good idea to introduce 'level based fall damage'.

Here's how it would work.

The lower the level someone has, the more damage that they would get from an equivalent fall.

The idea is...Jedi Masters would fare much better from a fall off the roof than a random guest or youngling, because said Jedi Masters are more experienced with usage of the Force, and physical skills too. Thus, the greater the experience (the level), the less of a penalty for falling. Guest status would incur the most severe damages, while level thirty-two would be the least.

You could also choose to somehow link this to the Force jump skill, I think that would be neat.

In any case, I believe this would prevent abuse of the current system. There are many instances where people simply choose the fast way (such as jumping off the roof instead of going around, or jumping down the shaft instead of waiting for the elevator). If people knew they would possibly be knocked out or severely damaged from doing so, I think it would come to a quick end.

I did a test this morning where I did not login, and rather just stayed as a guest. I went to the upper balcony and ran off the ledge into the garden. I went from 100 hp to 76 hp, but that was it, and it was rather startling too. If I jumped like that in real life...I think you get my point.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Galack Alastair
Lost One

Post by Galack Alastair »

I really like this one. Only makes sense that someone 8 years old takes more damage than someone 28 years old, falling that is. Someone 28 would know when to roll, etc, where someone 8 years old is well, no offense to anyone, pretty much oblivious to the fact that they should try and roll out of it.
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

I would love to see this work. Too many times have I seen players jump off the balcony without so much as an "ouch", when they're just children. I think the damages should definitely be higher.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Things to Consider:

- Player Age
- Player Level
- Player Rank (Knight/Initiate/Master)
- Force Jump Rank
- Force Speed Rank (In JK2, a higher force speed = less fall damage)

Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Seems pretty hard to do to me. You can't really do it by height because a 28 year old can be 4 foot 5. Anyone can have a low jump rank. An 15 year old can be a padawan and an 8 year old can be a padawan, so I don't know how you could do it by rank. I wanna say you can do it by level considering the player obviously would have more skill. That would be my best bet lol.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Currently, the fall damage depends on the Jump level, as follows:
  • Jump:
  • Level 1: BaseJKA with fall damage
  • Level 2: BaseJKA with fall damage
  • Level 3: BaseJKA with reduced fall damage (50%)
  • Level 4: +15% height and +15% speed (relative to level 3), no fall damage
  • Level 5: +30% height and +15% speed (relative to level 3), no fall damage
I thought that was enough..?
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Soh Raun wrote:Currently, the fall damage depends on the Jump level, as follows:
  • Jump:
  • Level 1: BaseJKA with fall damage
  • Level 2: BaseJKA with fall damage
  • Level 3: BaseJKA with reduced fall damage (50%)
  • Level 4: +15% height and +15% speed (relative to level 3), no fall damage
  • Level 5: +30% height and +15% speed (relative to level 3), no fall damage
I thought that was enough..?
I would add EXTRA damage to level one, and a LOT of damage to level 0.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Also, if there is a possiblity to differenciante the 'I jumped from too far' fall damage, and the 'I got Pushed off a cliff' fall damage.

Would be neat to retain.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

I thought fall damage was disabled in the server? :P

I jump from the top of the temple down and receive zero damage.