A few suggestions

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

A few suggestions

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

1. Perhaps change the name of Jedi Mind Trick to Force Cloak, or something more appropriate.

2. Is there a way to change it so that when dual-wielding, both sabers drop to the ground for /rpdropsaber? Currently only the right saber will.

3. Alright, this would be the tough one. After watching (and participating) in the little makeshift tournament today, I was thinking about fatigue. If possible, it would be cool to implement a feature that makes it so that the longer you go on fighting/sparring, the less you are able to heal and regenerate your force.

I suggest, if possible, to implement the feature like this:

Once you begin to receive damage (so that the mod knows that you are fighting) your maximum possible HP will drop over time, until you sheath your lightsaber. Your force pool would be affected in the same fashion. For example, Gabe and I are sparring. After ten minutes of fighting my total HP drops from a possible 200 to 180. Five or ten minutes later it drops from a possible 180 to 160. So on, etc. Force pool would be affected in the same way. Additionally, each drop in HP and FP could trigger a sound, or possible a /say ::Pants::, or /say ::Begins to sweat::, /say ::Breathes heavily::, etc. This should, of course, be calculated to different levels for different ranks (i.e. an initiate would lose perhaps 30 HP over 10 minutes, while a Master might only lose 10 or 15).

If implemented, this would give the impression that the longer you fight, you begin to feel fatigued and become exhausted. You begin to lose your focus ((Force Pool)). This would force you to rest or meditate after a period of fighting, if you want to be back to your full health and concentration.

Just a few ideas, don't even know if they're possible.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Well people might just accidently seath their lightsaber's in a spar cancelling it out if that is how to stop the process.

> Renaming Mind Trick should be easy but there's nothing wrong with what it's called now.

> Most spars are until your shield drops to 0, so your max health wouldn't need to be changed.
> It'd be unfair to suddenly loose 20hp of max health via fatigue when your style of fighting isn't paticularly tiresome if you get me.
> Force Regen shouldn't drop via fatigue I think.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I have talked to Soh about a fatigue system that would be more broad, including Jumping (non-Force), running, swimming, and such.

It would be a number of points, pretty much like FP, and as long as there is points, everything is alright. Once you hit 0, you are Fatigued, and then suffer about the same penalties as a Rage Recoil : slower running/walking pace, and slower attacks. I would also make it so that you cannot jump unless you use the Force.

It would be upon your activity use, so, the more you move, the more you get fatigued.

¬ Axem
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

A seperate fatigue bar would be cool. Just so long as it doesn't interfere with the hp and fp. Would it differ between species as well as rank etc?
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Agreed about the fatigue bar or something similar, that would be a neat idea.

However, what you mentioned about possible /say ::<tired>:: being triggered automatically, I would disagree there, since that is up to the player to RP; it is just the actual in-game fatigue penalities that count.

Essentially, I am for a combination of actual effects and player RPed effects, such as speech or ::actions::. I think each comes with the other.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I haven't talked about an auto ::Tire::, and I wouldn't use such... I hate auto messages.

As for the progression, it would be level-wise, and something plan in the far future, would be Skill-wise.

¬ Simon M.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

My bad, sorry for not being specific; I was referring to Corinth's suggestion of an auto-message, not what you said.

P't'ral

Post by P't'ral »

Ready for it?

Good role playing overrides the necessity for game mechanics, and I think it does it for fatigue. All people have to do is role play it instead of being forced by a meter.
I remember WAAAY back when I was playing Alk on the council Axem came up with the whole idea that you should RP being exhausted after a heavy spar and/or using heal repeatedly, it was something that didn't need mechanics, just player awareness and participation. I don't mean to sound like a jerkface, but a fatigue system mechanics is laziness in my opinion. ROLE PLAY DAMMIT! ROLE PLAY!
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

P't'ral wrote:Ready for it?

Good role playing overrides the necessity for game mechanics, and I think it does it for fatigue. All people have to do is role play it instead of being forced by a meter.
I remember WAAAY back when I was playing Alk on the council Axem came up with the whole idea that you should RP being exhausted after a heavy spar and/or using heal repeatedly, it was something that didn't need mechanics, just player awareness and participation. I don't mean to sound like a jerkface, but a fatigue system mechanics is laziness in my opinion. ROLE PLAY DAMMIT! ROLE PLAY!
Aye.
Jude Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Jude Alkorda »

I concur.
That's Commodore Alkorda to you...
By Alkaiser Aruladan
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

In a perfect world, everyone would RP perfectly and act accordingly.

Unfortunately, it isn't a perfect world, and we aren't perfect either.

THUS...RP is a must, but it can be complemented by other systems.

If you can find a feasible alternative to the suggestions being proposed, then I will be glad to listen. But as I don't see everyone suddenly changing their RP habits, for now I will look into ideas like a fatigue meter.

What you said is very true, albeit, unrealistic as a solution.

Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

I think we shouldn't limit our RP by game mechanics. Instead, we should realise our only limitation is our imagination. We all are able to properly RP our characters being in a state of exhaustion or fatigue after a long spar. Of course, this varies from character to character: A Knight may have more stamina as a young Padawan, for example.
The variety and individuality of characters regarding their dexterity and endurance is something which game mechanics can not individualise for every single character. I think we should instead use our own imagination to set realistic limits to our character's abilities.
And being able to do so has nothing to do with being perfect. Neither you, nor the RP, need to be perfect in order for you to show exhaustion of your character. It has something to do with honest roleplay, nothing more.
In my opinion, a fatigue meter only brings disadvantage, limiting RP, decreasing individuality, crushing us with game mechanical limits which do not have to exist in order to boost up the RP's quality.
You also do not have to change your RP-behaviour (or your character's personality) for that. You simply have to start using expressions like ::beathes heavily::, ::pants::, etc. from time to time in a spar, preferably increasing the meaning of the emotions.
The fact that you would now start doing those things has nothing to do with changing behaviour at all, it is simply something which you realised now and start to put into use. It's a good thing, in fact.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

All points well taken. I still think it's a decent idea, but I see your points. I suppose I would also be satisfied if people would simply start role playing more in the servers, especially when sparring.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Well, if we do go with this, I have an idea. I'm not good with formulas (only in 9th grade ftl) but...

F=(M*R+S)-(L+C)

F is Fatigue; M is how many steps you take per, say, 5 seconds; R is whether you're running or not; S is the number of swings you take with your lightsaber per 5 seconds; L is Level (pretty self-explanatory there, the more experience you have, the less you'll fatigue); and C is Class - a Guardian, who's used to combat should fatigue less than a Consular.
A Guardian would be better at taking fatigue, so they'd have 1 as their "class" input.
A Sentinel would be in the middle; they'd have 0.
A Consular would have the least; they'd have -1.
Also, fatigue would be affected by speed; running would give a 2 point multiplier per step per 5 seconds, walking would give 0.
So, let's say you move 2 walking steps and stop, and take 3 swings with your saber; you're a level 5 Consular. You're against a level 10 Guardian who takes 5 running steps and 5 swings. Your fatigue would be F=(0*2+3)-(5+(-1)) and his would be F=(2*5+5)-(10+1). Your fatigue would be 0 (you can't get a negative amount of fatigue), and your opponent's would be 4. This is just a scenario with simple numbers; most people take more steps and more swings.

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

I think the best idea for this would be to simply Role play fatigue in. There are too many factors to consider to try to implement into the game. Realistically not everyone would fatigue the same, consulars might fatigue faster physically but slower using the Force with the opposite for guardians. Different species would fatigue differently as well. Chiss would fatigue slower then a human as would some other species.
The best solution is just to Role play it.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |