Chat sounds.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Chat sounds.

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I know that each individual can turn off the chat sounds for themselves, but is it possible to institute a more RP appropriate hybrid into the mod? General chat, ::actions::, and *sounds* would not trigger the chat sound, but /comm would. Possible, maybe?
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Possible, and good idea. Will be done.
Kyle Ivary
Lost One

Post by Kyle Ivary »

Speaking of Chat sounds, I was on my computer one day, and was fixing something. the next day, my chat sounds were off..... its really making me mad..... If anyone knows how to put back the sounds, please tell me....
Last edited by Kyle Ivary on Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

You will soon get used to it, I was going mad as well at the beginning, it's just a mod feature, probably before you hadn't it installed correctly.
Trust me, 1 week and you'll bless Soh for not hearing that *beep* every second.

You can't choose what is right

Kavar Starkiller
Lost One

Post by Kavar Starkiller »

This is quite confusing.
Last edited by Kavar Starkiller on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Ivary
Lost One

Post by Kyle Ivary »

Well acutally Aayla..... I sorta do like the sound off. but i think its better on.... the reason why is because...... I'm usally watching T.V and i miss what someone was saying..... :shock: So like i said agian...... If anyone knows how to turn it on.....please oh please tell me... 8)
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Err.. for the moment, this is NOT a RPMod feature. You must have a PK3 somewhere that disables the sounds.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Soh Raun wrote:Err.. for the moment, this is NOT a RPMod feature. You must have a PK3 somewhere that disables the sounds.
eeh? I have this situation since I installed RPmod... I was sure it was because of some pk3 of the client, I haven't installed anything out of RPmod client and JEDI skins (and related pk3s)

You can't choose what is right

Alanya Sgall
Lost One

Re: Chat sounds.

Post by Alanya Sgall »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:I know that each individual can turn off the chat sounds for themselves, but is it possible to institute a more RP appropriate hybrid into the mod? General chat, ::actions::, and *sounds* would not trigger the chat sound, but /comm would. Possible, maybe?
Would it be possible to tie this to the current chat-hide system? Meaning if they're out of earshot, no sound plays. But if they're within hearing range, you'll get the chime. Maybe make it togglable between no sounds, sound range activated, and all sounds?
Rash Loist for Jedi Master!
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

I lost chat beeps after downloading the "Utility package":
http://files.filefront.com/Utility+pack ... einfo.html
Alanya Sgall wrote:Would it be possible to tie this to the current chat-hide system? Meaning if they're out of earshot, no sound plays. But if they're within hearing range, you'll get the chime. Maybe make it togglable between no sounds, sound range activated, and all sounds?
Suggestion for altering the chat-system:
Find a new sound for chat-sounds (but comm), make (( OOC )) and ::Emotes:: not trigger the sound and add chat-range for comm's, except for the person receiving the message (like tell's, just showing them to nearby persons).