Age System

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Kayla Zieral

Age System

Post by Kayla Zieral »

Hi,

Is it possible to have an age system on the mod, and automaticly does modelscale as well?

So like you type your RP age is when you type your name in.

Doable?
I'm by myself because noone else will be here to save me.

Kayla v1.2 [Updated on 4th December]

Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

Some species are taller and what not at certain ages compared to other species.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Ergo Stomi wrote:Some species are taller and what not at certain ages compared to other species.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I'd bet that you could be able to add a custom modifier to each account, which would affect the base equation for continual model scaling.

For instance, the standard height of an adult human (21) is 100. The standard height of a human child (6) is 65. That's roughly +2.3 each year between the ages of 6 and 21. You could easily add multipliers to that depending on your species, which could be saved in your account. For example, the average height of an adult Nautolan is roughly 106.

So, the base equation could be something like "H=65+2.3y", where H=height, y=years (months). The actual equation used could call upon a variable set in the user's account (X), resulting in "H=65x+2.3y". For a human, x would equal 1, for a Nautolan, x would equal 1.6. If you wanted, you could add a further modifier if you wanted to be short, or make a different equation that would incorporate random variables, adding or subtracting small amounts each year to simulate growth spurts.

The problem, at least in my mind, would be actually having the mod do this automatically, as it would depend on time and what-not. Granted, it could possibly just be an admin command /rpupdatescale or something of that nature, but it would take a very long time to change all of the accounts, so perhaps it could be a site-side action only (RPMod admin pane on the comport). I have no clue, I just work here.

What I'm saying though, is that the species modification could just be a small variable you set in your account, similar to how modelscaling is currently done.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Don't forget to multiply by rand(0.94,1.08) when determining final height. Let's have some variety.

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:If you wanted, you could add a further modifier if you wanted to be short, or make a different equation that would incorporate random variables,
btw, that was probably the closest I'll ever come to saying something in Sohspeak.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I don't see a need for this.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Asrelia Mhy

Post by Asrelia Mhy »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:I don't see a need for this.
Agreed. PM to the HC account, or any of the councilors- problem solved.