Storms

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Rash Loist
Lost One

Storms

Post by Rash Loist »

This is not really a big suggestion but I think it would be a good effect to put in the mod were as the same effect as we do for the alarm system. When a lighting storm happens I suggestion that a white flash of light comes up on the screen with a thunder following, not as often as the alarm system but maybe a suitable time , or random moments would be better if possible.
Sereryth

Post by Sereryth »

Gotta have pity on those with epilepsy.
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Sereryth wrote:Gotta have pity on those with epilepsy.
Aha, that is why I said a long peroid of time.. don't want to give people epileptic seizures now.
Xeuus

Post by Xeuus »

sounds like a good idea to me accept when the door gets locked and people that may get stuck outside (me and kel) cant get back in

((this is from something that happened in the server today))
Kyle Ivary
Lost One

Post by Kyle Ivary »

Um....dont look at me ((*hehe* srry bout that guys)) But great idea!

RP Age: 17
Asrelia Mhy

Post by Asrelia Mhy »

Wouldn't the map need storm clouds then? (or rainclouds for rain we already use, for that matter)

And I foresee someone RPing getting struck by lightning, which is really tacky.

I'm not saying its a bad idea. Just those are the things I think about.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

For the light of the lightnings during a storm it would work fine outside, but not inside... can it be split?
However, the sound of rain and storm is something that would be really cool, maybe added as a music if not as a sound effect...

You can't choose what is right

Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

I'm all for the sound effects, but let's leave it at that in terms of RPing a storm happening. Like Asrelia said, there's a lot of tacky things to worry about.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Alright, done and coming in version 0.4.0 :)

The "thunderstorm" weather uses 2 normal thunder sounds, 2 "close" thunder sounds, and 2 rumble sounds, all from BaseJKA. The delay between the white flash and the sound depends on these 3 types of sounds, and everything is random (in a range of acceptable values). It doesn't include rain, so you would have to add a rainy weather manually, although it's perfectly possible to have a thunderstorm without rain (or at least at the beginning).

While I was at it, I added sound effects for rain and wind as background looping sounds ("ambient sets") that can be combined. There is one small problem I can't fix easily though. Fading in/out the background sound when approaching or leaving a weather-affected area isn't perfect, because I can't know if there is a such an area near the player. I can only know when the player is IN that area, so I use his last position in it as a reference point for sound fading. Depending on the situation in the map, the sound might start playing abruptly instead of fading in. Fading out *should* always work though.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Soh Raun wrote:I can't know if there is a such an area near the player.
Wait... you're not omniscient? Aw man, you just lost so much respect...

Really though, fantastic, per the norm. Soh Raun for R2-D2 '08!
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Soh Raun wrote:Alright, done and coming in version 0.4.0 :)

The "thunderstorm" weather uses 2 normal thunder sounds, 2 "close" thunder sounds, and 2 rumble sounds, all from BaseJKA. The delay between the white flash and the sound depends on these 3 types of sounds, and everything is random (in a range of acceptable values). It doesn't include rain, so you would have to add a rainy weather manually, although it's perfectly possible to have a thunderstorm without rain (or at least at the beginning).

While I was at it, I added sound effects for rain and wind as background looping sounds ("ambient sets") that can be combined. There is one small problem I can't fix easily though. Fading in/out the background sound when approaching or leaving a weather-affected area isn't perfect, because I can't know if there is a such an area near the player. I can only know when the player is IN that area, so I use his last position in it as a reference point for sound fading. Depending on the situation in the map, the sound might start playing abruptly instead of fading in. Fading out *should* always work though.
Awesome! :D

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Soh Raun wrote:Alright, done and coming in version 0.4.0 :)

Woot!11!1
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Cool! :D

You can't choose what is right

Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Sound effects FTW!