[CLOSED] Crouching after emotes

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Syrena Exan
Lost One

[CLOSED] Crouching after emotes

Post by Syrena Exan »

I've been noticing this for a long time now, I just hadn't bothered to say anything. A lot of the emotes, when you come out of them, or if your standing near a wall or a person, force your character into a crouching position afterwards. The only way out of it is to jump. It's not that big of a deal, but it sort of hurt the feel of the rp in some situations to suddenly jump up and down. Is there anyway this can be fixed?

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Could you give examples of emotes that have this problem, and the locations where it happens? (maybe with screenshots). Thank you.
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

I've noticed this a lot as well. Crouching near a wall, on a diagonal (right word? Illustration (seen from the side): " / ") surface or close to another person, also forces you into a crouching position, until you move away from the wall (jumping doesn't work for me).

And it happens near ALL walls, surfaces and persons.

(( I have a feeling it has something to do with the "model scaling system" implemented in 0.3.0, at least it began after that version. ))
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Firstly, i'm sorry for resurrecting an old thread but it seems this bug is still around.
I just wondered if there were any known fixes or if it has already been addressed out of the forums and i've missed it.

It only happens with players who are using a modelscale. (not sure if the same applies for + sizes.)

as for the details:
I happens when you use an emote when standing too close to a verticle edge, your character immediately falls into a crouch position and stays that way until you wiggle out of it or move away from the edge.
This seems to be the case for all emotes, not just specific ones.

The only way to avoid it is to make sure you are not flush with any surfaces when you use the emote. Sadly for emotes like /emwait, you do need to be near a wall for it to actually look realistic.

Anyways, this is only purely cosmetic and doesn't cause any crashes or technical issues. I was just wondering if there is a way to fix it or if it is already being addressed.

Regards,
Vantus

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Hi there,

Just wanted to put forward an example i will try get a screenshot up here if needed. However, i was watching the meeting at the ceremonial hall and i was at the little balcony place where there are seats as you enter on the left and right.

I did the /ematease emote and when i was told to come closer, as usual touching the crouch button brings you out of the emote, except you stay crouched even if you are not holding it down till you wiggle to an open area.

Not sure how else to best explain it, i hope that helps to give an idea.

Regards,
Sebastin Creed

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Decided it was about time, some screenies came up, if you haven't figured the bug.

The first one, there is no way of standing up, but moving away from the wall. Jumping, doing an emote etc. is not working. On the two last, jumping will get you out of the crouch.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Finally fixed in development version, thanks everyone for providing information.