Post your ideas and suggestions here
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

It does with the settings we used before :wink:
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Going Afk amidst a constant RP scenario is a problem and always has been.

Corinth's idea is good, but flawed in that you would "un-afk" and possibly break cadence there (as Jared pointed out). I also agree with Jared in that we should avoid providing crutches for things we don't need them for.

Joining spec has always been the "best way" to do things, though many rarely do it, and it can result in someone seeing a "full server" when they're not server-side, only to connect and realize that all four of those people are sitting in spec.

Still, I believe providing a viable RP excuse and joining spectator is the best solution. The only problem with specing that people have mentioned is the inconvenience of having to run back to the spot where you spec'd from.

I don't know if it's possible, but I do know that spawnpoints can be edited and what-not, but that currently spawnpoints are dependent on team and rank. I don't know if spawnpoints must only be related to those two variables, or if it's possible to create a temporary spawnpoint for each player upon joining the spectator team, the spawnpoint being their location when they spec'd. They would then have the option to rejoin in their last position, or to simply rejoin at one of the preset spawnpoints. Upon joining game again, their temporary spawnpoint would be removed from the list.

Just an idea/thought/suggestion, again not sure if it's possible, but it seems to me like a possible solution.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Temporary spawn points have some good and bad aspects:

Good - You avoid having to run from the other side of the map.

Bad - anyone can find anyone else on the map by speccing, and when the return they are in their original position, essentially granting them a 'Mysteries of the Sith' Farsight.

At least the Ghosting/Nodraw option prevents that sort of 'abuse'.

IMO temporary AFK's eg 'oh noes my phone is ringing' can simply be ignoored, i.e. stand where you are with a speech bubble out as long as you're not in the way.

If you have time to asses the reason for leaving the computer on, either leave the room and spec, or sit somewhere sensible, on a bench, at a desk, in a chair, whatever...

Anyway, I was looking at the speech bubble icon and I was wondering if there was a means of adding a secondary perameter. For example, if someone puts the chat up, and they dont say anything for say, 1-2 minutes, the icon changes to a different colour or a symbol of some cunning design to indicate they are away, thus avoiding confusion for other players?
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Good point Jared...I think there shouldnt be a reason to go invisible or no clip etc.

Is there a way you can add a timelimit for spec? Like lets say I was AFK for 5 min in game. A timer goes off and BOOM im speced. Is that possible?
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Sahio Xekma

Post by Sahio Xekma »

What am doing sometimes for the AFK is I emsleep on the bench. Since am homeless for the now, that'd be the only place I can sleep since it always rain on Yavin :x

Am out of the way, and am not getting moved.