XP-Altering Abilities

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Asrelia Mhy

XP-Altering Abilities

Post by Asrelia Mhy »

I've been kicking around this idea for some time now, so I'm gonna go ahead and ask it.

I think that it would be more realistic if certain levels of powers attained would alter the XP necessary for related powers.
For example, a "double link" between Heal and Heal Other, where if one level of Heal is gained, the corresponding level of Heal Other's XP is cut by 50% or X%, and it would be the inverse as well, as I meant by "double link".

The only other one I've thought about is Push and Pull's correlation to both Hold and Saber Throw.

Perhaps there could be one for Sense and Force Meld, and minute one for Absorb and Protect.

That is, if its possible...
Last edited by Asrelia Mhy on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Thats actually a really good idea. Makes sense.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Yes yes, I support!
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

Sounds good. :D [/quote]
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

It's a good idea and the logic behind it is undeniable.

So long as people arent agreeing just because they see it as a cheap way of cutting corners and getting Powers and Abilities faster :P

Right now, attending classes alone seems to give a decent amount of XP, thats not including any XP given from private lessons.

But yes, I do see the math behind the suggestion, just unclear of the intention is all. :)

Asrelia Mhy

Post by Asrelia Mhy »

Granted, it could be taken advantage of, but IMO some of the power selections so far amongst a plethora of members has been illogical. When the mod came out, suddenly every JK can heal and throw lightning? Where did they get the training? (Making a point, not attacking anyone, please do not take offense)
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Asrelia Mhy wrote:some of the power selections so far amongst a plethora of members has been illogical.
Then wouldn't making abilities cost less XP influence this further?.

I guess in the end, this suggestion would be a good thing because it does make complete sense!

I just wouldn't like to see things get too easy as far as saving up points goes.