Force Drain/"Slow" changed to Force Light

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Force Drain/"Slow" changed to Force Light

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I think "Slow" is still slated for an edit by Soh. But I'd like him to consider making Drain/"Slow" into Force Light.

I believe its a better alternative to what I think "Slow" is slated to be altered into.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

/rpagree

Really good find Alkur, I think this would be a wonderful alteration to the name and properties that we have for Slow right now. Alter the color, and it'll look even better.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

Oh yes this seems awesome, I could possibly work on the animation for it if you like :)

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Did someone say .efx editing? I can do this that.

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I had Arik in mind when I thought of this. I definitely don't think that it should utilize the "arcs" that lightning and drain use.
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

Good idea.

But where from are the vampires of us going to leech their life then?
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Lynee'alin wrote:Good idea.

But where from are the vampires of us going to leech their life then?
Should Jedi be leeching life? >_>

I think an altered/new animation sounds like a good idea.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:
Should Jedi be leeching life? >_>
Should Jedi blast people with electricity from their hands? :P

Anyway, I suppose the idea is okay, but I see no problem with keeping the name and power that is Force Slow.
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Maybe have the lower levels stay as Slow, and change the upper ones to Light? I mean, a Padawan generally wouldn't be unleashing a dazzling golden light from their hands every few seconds in a spar.

EDIT: And while we're on the subject, why not change the effect for Rage to replicate Oneness? First few levels would be a dull yellow-white recolor of the current effect, and upper ones would be a full-on, bright golden-white body, similar to this. This would simulate the Wookieepedia's theory of "two kinds of oneness, basic and advanced."

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

Isn't it possible to add two different colors to drain ? The moral red drain is drain/slow/leeching, while with a simple command you can change the color of the drain making it force light. One power Roleplayed as two.
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

I know my opinion probably doesn't matter much right now, but I just wanted to commend you guys on the great ideas. This will definitely only help make the RP better. It gives us a wide variety while also keeping it real. :)