Deeper form of force sense

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Deeper form of force sense

Post by Dixo Xan »

I suggest a new feature that allows you to enter noclip, while your character remains on the spot.

It would serve perfectly as a way of extending your presence/reaching out with the force.

If added as a force powers with five levels it could go something like this:

Level 1: 5-10 sec length, limited range, 45 min recharge. Have to stay immobile (emlotus) to use.

Level 2: 10-20 sec length, extended range, 30 min recharge. Have to stay immobile (emlotus) to use.

Level 3: 20-30 sec length, extended range, 30 min recharge. Have to stay immobile (emlotus) to use.

Level 4: 1 min+ length, unlimited range, 20 min recharge. Have to stay immobile (emlotus) to use.

Level 5: Unlimited length, unlimited range, 10 min recharge. Have to stay immobile (emlotus to use)

Also, for level 1 and 2 brightness could be turned down, making it difficult to see anything clearly.

I'm sure it's very difficult to do, if not impossible, but atleast I've proposed it now. A power like this would of course have to be heavily RPed, not being a casual power like force push. If impossible to do as a force power perhaps just a feature where you can /rpfeaturesomething while in emlotus and noclip while invisible.
Phoe Nhix
Lost One

Post by Phoe Nhix »

Wow, I love this idea. Soh ... :D
"Faith is not proven, it is tested. Believers do not need proofs but tests."

Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

Would this not contridict the *Sense* we us now and be a completely different ability. IF SO.
Then I love this plan. Good call!
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Phoe Nhix wrote:Wow, I love this idea. Soh ... :D
Me too me too! But the recharge times are a bit long. Just make it use maximum force points or something.

Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Ctathos wrote:
Phoe Nhix wrote:Wow, I love this idea. Soh ... :D
Me too me too! But the recharge times are a bit long. Just make it use maximum force points or something.
Maximum Force points means little, as any one with this ability would have low ms.

I think Dixo's intent was that while Sense is a relatively quick/passive (easy?) power for skilled Jedi, this would be much more tiring (hence the recharge time), but allow for a very clear view of surrounding areas, rather than vague sensing of presences within the Force.

It's a good idea, altogether, though I would restrict it to JK+, or close to that, as it seems rather advanced.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

What Cyril said summons up my feelings on the subject. This power would be a second stage of sensing, being accessed in late stages of training.
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

It's a good idea, altogether, though I would restrict it to JK+, or close to that, as it seems rather advanced.
My thoughts as well.
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

So this would be an add-on to the current sense power? And not replace it?
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

I would like to see it as a brand new power. As I vision it (which isn't worth much, of course) sense is a seperate in-game force power. Advanced sense or whatever you'd call it would be a power of it's own.

I love RPmod and I have the deepest respect for Soh for doing it but I would really love to see some more new powers, not just redone old ones, added.

If that isn't possible perhaps just a feature, like an admin command that enables you to noclip while your character remains still while you noclip.
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

I love this idea. I've actually had a few times in RP where this would have been perfect to have.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Hmm this can probably be done by creating a "fake body" behind you when you start using the power. The real player would become invisible and non-solid (noclip). It would certainly not be easy, and there should still be a way to interact with the fake body (for example, when someone attacks you while you are floating around). But I think it's possible - and that would also be useful for high levels of Mind Trick, to take over the control of NPCs like in SP.

I agree with it being a brand new power: it simply can't be used for high levels of Sense, since you would not be able to break Mind Trick anymore with it (you would leave your body every time... not very practical)

However, as I always said, the addition of new powers, although it is possible, needs a lot of work and will only be planned for after version 1.0.0 (first public version). So it's not for now, sorry. Thanks for suggesting anyway, this idea will hopefully become a feature one day.
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

Maybe when the body in meditation is attacked it brings you right back into the game power deactivated.

ALSO I was thinking the Qui Gon style kneeling meditation would be the best for this animation.
Any thoughts?
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Yon Vash wrote:Maybe when the body in meditation is attacked it brings you right back into the game power deactivated.

ALSO I was thinking the Qui Gon style kneeling meditation would be the best for this animation.
Any thoughts?
Even though I dont grasp what Dixo is saying....the stance (which is similiar to the one I mentioned in another thread) ounds good.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Certainly sounds like an excellent training technique for meditation and what have you. Could prove useful in class, I would imagine.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Jared's suggestion: Buy and play Mysteries of the Sith.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS