Guest HP

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Guest HP

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Hey, first off I'd like to say that I love the new "progression" health points and Force points for each level/class, but I noticed tday that people with no account (Guests) still have 100 health points and 100 Force points. I'd like to suggest that it be tuned down to 50 health points and 50 Force points (the amount a level 1 character has.)

I don't think this would matter too much, but maybe the hopeful-Initiate melee spars would be a little more even then. :wink:
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Uh-oh.. there is currently nothing to configure that in RPMod :(

Mapping the guests to a real class (that would only have 1 level, but the point is to be able to configure everything like any other class) has been on the TODO list for ages... so I'll try to do this as soon as possible.

But it will need major changes in the code, so I'm not sure I'll backport it to 0.3.x (i.e. it will probably only be in 0.4.0)
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That noted, if I may interject, guest HP/FP doesn't really affect much at all - we can't spar, beyond using melee abilities, and we don't have Force abilities, which makes the higher FP count fairly redundant. As such, altering the count probably wouldn't affect much except, as you say, the Guest/Hopeful melee sparring, which in and of itself is probably more difficult as a consequence of the higher HP, requiring you to work harder to learn the skills therein (since melee attacks don't do much damage, excluding grapples).

Just my two cents, so to speak ;)
Emerald

Post by Emerald »

I know as being a guest, the HP and FP does not need to change, all the stats are 0 anyway, using no FP and Health is only used in melle fights, which shouldn't happen often, if at all
WuWei

Post by WuWei »

Sounds like just another idea to nerf guest and discourage them even more from sticking with it. I know i would have died alot my first day on the server if i had only 50hp...

Also not everyone in their background story Im sure starts out as a child inlisting as a student of the force. Whatever happen to wondering masters? That could be seeking comrades of the force and to learn to further his hers studies eh? ;)
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

concerning what WuWei said, my character is Chistori, who are stronger and more durable than your average person if you want to look at this from an IC standpoint. besides that it's not like it has a major affect on anything.
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Jedi characters of a "friendly clan" (so far its been clans like *<JO>* and |TO|) receive a generalized XP equivalent of their corresponding rank in their clan.

Non-affiliated "guest" Jedi characters would probably need to go through council channels so JEDI can determine whether or not this character is appropriate to the RP setting, and if the player is a responsible person.

A positive drawback of the account system is that jerkface people don't get to be souped up and are able to lame more effectively, as they would normally be able to in mods like JA+.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Instead of making soh go through all that work why don't us guests just rp that we don't know any grapples and fighting styles, considering we wouldn't really know how to fight anyway, being 6-14 years old. or just stop the fight when your shields hit 50%.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

because every person has their own background, some might actually know this stuff depending, if you're willing to go through with it, sticking to your character and actually say you do not know this, or this, and roleplay it out, then you have my respect, more power to you, but there are going to be a few characters that know how to fight, even if it's just basics.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Maybe they if they are a warrior culture like the Echani or something, but I doubt a 6 year old would have the strength to do any real damage.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

WuWei

Post by WuWei »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:Jedi characters of a "friendly clan" (so far its been clans like *<JO>* and |TO|) receive a generalized XP equivalent of their corresponding rank in their clan.

Non-affiliated "guest" Jedi characters would probably need to go through council channels so JEDI can determine whether or not this character is appropriate to the RP setting, and if the player is a responsible person.

A positive drawback of the account system is that jerkface people don't get to be souped up and are able to lame more effectively, as they would normally be able to in mods like JA+.
Yeah that all makes sense, but there is a simple answer to those who lame and abuse power just take it away from them, if there was misplaced trust.

I myself haven't fought anyone just walk around mostly looking at things and try to be friendly which is sorta new to me always been the anti social type in the corner. Though i do run and hop when no one is looking, the temple is so big would take me all day to explore it just by walking. Though i did group up with a few younglings and someone else and walked around looking at things after i explored on my own just to get some interaction and see what all everyone had to say. Has a very peaceful feel to it.

Though did feel like i was slipping some when i later went over to the JP server for a FFA action you guys softened me up a tad. :oops:
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

Atrux Nii wrote:Maybe they if they are a warrior culture like the Echani or something, but I doubt a 6 year old would have the strength to do any real damage.
Ok nothing really to counter that one, perhaps, if possible, this might require a more active role from the admins and guests, more interaction between the two to perhaps adjust hp and such to appropriate levels, then again it could cause an influx of people making characters to avoid the limitations.

maybe it is just best to leave it as it is if there isn't anything. : /
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

not that your ideas aren't good, but it's more work for the coders. if we can manage without more moderation we should. RP should require some imagination and interaction anyway.

Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Emerald wrote:I know as being a guest, the HP and FP does not need to change, all the stats are 0 anyway, using no FP and Health is only used in melle fights, which shouldn't happen often, if at all
Jamus Kevari wrote:I noticed tday that people with no account (Guests) still have 100 health points and 100 Force points. I'd like to suggest that it be tuned down to 50 health points and 50 Force points (the amount a level 1 character has.)
What Emerald wrote is more that right as the hp merely influences a spar when it's being performed by two good rpers.
However from the mod-side logic it means that even if you have 100 hp as guest you'll have 50 when you'll be able to log in as level 1, which wouldn't make much sense.

Else than that, I'd like to say that firstly hp increasing by level is a wise game logic that I've seen in all the RP level based games, and secondly how much HP you have in game shouldn't anyhow affect your RP, since you are not fighting anyone to the death or being attacked by anyone.
I can see how your only concern is about "spars", but there again it is not a matter of how much HP you have, it's a matter of how you RP your character's spar.

Of course for some characters like wookies it has already been discussed elsewhere that their HP would be individually increased , but by the huge flow of kids as guests I do not see anything wrong with Jamus' idea.

WuWei wrote:Sounds like just another idea to nerf guest and discourage them even more from sticking with it. I know i would have died alot my first day on the server if i had only 50hp...
I really can't understand in which way you could die in RPmod else than drowning or writing /kill in console... could you be more precise?

Kenta wrote:because every person has their own background, some might actually know this stuff depending, if you're willing to go through with it, sticking to your character and actually say you do not know this, or this, and roleplay it out, then you have my respect, more power to you, but there are going to be a few characters that know how to fight, even if it's just basics.
If your character knows how to spar, then RP that you know how to spar as others will not.
Do you really think that all the children arriving everyday at the enclave know how to roll? They do it, but I expect that not many of them thought that as 6-10 years old children they probably never rolled in their early life, or even more probably they're afraid of rolling just yet, and waiting to learn it.

Sparring is just a way of training IC which also implies OOC ability, so it doesn't really need to be implented of features like: hp difference, exhaustion, speed reduction, mood influence of the character, and so on. All these things could and SHOULD be rped. For example if my character has had a tiring day, I would RP to be tired during the spar, even if then OOC wise I'm still giving 100% because as it was once told even if this is an RP clan we still considere sparring as something that has to be learnt both IC and OOC, and it can't be done if you don't give 100% in each spar.

In the end, seriously our RP system allows us to do anything, we do not need any mod support for such tiny details. I would like to underline that what makes you a good RPer is the capacity of adaptation, creativity, and critical mind.

Also... there are reasons for which a level 4 has more health than a guest, since a Jedi *is* supposed to use the Force.
Maybe you don't see it from a general point of view, since this is very reasonable watching the difference between a Jedi Knight and a youngling.

You can't choose what is right

Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Where I understand your suggestions Kenta and WuWei, JEDI gets so many new faces around these days, especially with the release of the Atlantica map. This means, giving each and every individual new person their own private template and account would be out of the question. Having a template with force powers and a lightsaber basically gives the new joiner the potential to run around and lame.
WuWei wrote:there is a simple answer to those who lame and abuse power, just take it away from them, if there was misplaced trust.
You are spot on and as a result of previous laming trouble in JEDI, I believe this is what led to guests having nothing.

It's all a matter of trust. As far as I'm aware, you are both very new to the server and as it stands, good RP reason or not, JEDI are unwilling to give out "loaded weapons" to people that have yet to prove trustworthy of owning one.

It's never been a personal thing. I'd expect the same treatment myself (and I did) if I were to join any RP server with such a rule applied.

Also, believe you me, this is comming from somebody who doesn't like the progressive HP/Shield/Force Point ramp.

My Character is a 23 year old padawan, twittering on 75 health and shields when there is a 15 year old padawan (*cough*Kael*cough*) with well over 100 health and shields.

As much as I don't like it or feel age and RP-reasons don't get taken into account, I do understand that it is near impossible to treat every single person that joins the server on an individual basis.
Abilities and Templates are handled by "Rank" not IP. So for example, All Initates have a set template they work and progress on as do Padawans etc. They can't individualise it personally for each member.

This is especially so for guests who in nature, only ever come in fleeting visits before they leave and are never seen again.

That's why accounts are only given to Trusted, long-term members of Allied clans or to actual Members of JEDI themselves.

Note to Masters: If i'm wrong in any of the above lines, please correct me.