Animation Call Command

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Animation Call Command

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Basically, I think it'd be a nice little thing if a command (/rpanim) could be added which would let the use call upon any animation found within _humanoid.gla, by using the name of the actual animation (i.e. /rpanim BOTH_SIT4). Granted emotes do this but simplify the naming of the animation.

I'm not suggesting we get replace emotes with this, because that'd be much more difficult for the casual... emote-er... I simply think it'd be nice for the occasional times when you'd like to do an animation that isn't an emote, or especially for adding more cinematic effects to missions or allowing persons such as Master Zaki to film cooler things (I'm thinking more video newsfeeds *cough*)...

Anyway, if it's not possible, cool, if it is, awesome, and if you're willing to do it, Soh, fantastic! :P
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

approximately how many extended animations are there in base?
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I have no clue but I'd say at least like 300.
Indilia Von
Lost One

Post by Indilia Von »

hmm from my view its perfect.
''One's Path is shown, in the latter years, for some and for some..in the early years'' ~ Indilia Von
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

If it's possible to implent it I think that everyone would agree saying that it would be extremely appreciated and used

You can't choose what is right

Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

You'd need to be able to set the duration of the animation, whether to loop it or not, etc etc

It'd be very complex to execute but definitely bind-able and useful for those willing to spend time using it.

I'll still be making /me my first port of call though.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

The only Base JKA animations i'd like to see added are the extra sitting animations.

Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Definitely a cool feature I'd like to see included if possible.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I wouldn't intend for it to be used excessively at all, and *my* request (granted you guys can build on it haha), is just to make it available, w/out extra polishing and what-not. the animations have built-in lengths, framerates and all that, the only additional option that would be of value would be a loop option (/rpanim [animation] <loop>). There's TONS of animations that could be used, but I don't have the time or willpower to scroll through them all and pick out ones and then tell Master Raun to make them emotes, rather, I'd just like to have the whole library available as /rpanim functions in the event that I come across some. Obviously, useful ones would spread by word of mouth and what-not, but bah I'm rambling lol.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Not a bad idea. I'm curious as to what animations are in there, though. I guess it's up to Master Raun to see whether or not it's a viable option, however. Still, that'd be a big expansion for 0.5.0, I guess.

And not long now, Master Alkorda :)
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Not a bad idea there Gabers, I like it.

/support!
Lyra Kestren

Post by Lyra Kestren »

It could be interesting, considering some of the base anims are of the model doing backflips, swimming, kataing, and rolling. There are a lot of... peculiar animations, and some of them don't even work in MP (tested through .sab files, of course).
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I'd be happy if we could just find an emote with the character folding their arms without leaning back :p
Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

Larkit wrote:Definitely a cool feature I'd like to see included if possible.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I was just thinking about this suggestion the other day. I think that we need this.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|