In-Game Clock

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Larkit
Lost One

In-Game Clock

Post by Larkit »

I was thinking this morning, about a somehow random feature, that might not come into much use, however, still useful for those without a clock or for the newcomers, who're not familiar with the current date/time system.

The idea is simple (I think, but catching this info from the server shouldn't be impossible), show the current time in EST-(24hour) (I assume that's the "standard") and the year:date somewhere in the GUI. Eg. right now, it would be 10:17 - 249:9.
Last edited by Larkit on Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

This is a very good idea, I'll try to do it for the next version.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

And make it toggle-able :)

Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Genius. Absaloutely Genius. Good thinking Larkit.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Xeuus

Post by Xeuus »

yea im having a bit of trouble with how all the days months and years work
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Its simple, when one Calendar month passes in real life, the RP year goes up.

In November the year was 248, in December its 249 ABY

We don't count months in RP, we count Cycles which is simply a callendar week in real life.

Therefor, the 'Day' in RP is simply the year, followed by the RL day of the month... so today, Dec 10th is 249:10.

The notion of months etc is not so applicable because a day is a day and a week is a cycle, yet one month RL is a Year. This is also why you don't see many Jedi knights going 'Golly! It's my Birthday again!' every four weeks (of course, you COULD RP this, and many do. Especially Birthdays of cultural significance for your Character).

I hope that clarifies the matter for you.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Bumping this up, since Coren made a notification of the thread (I started)'s existence. Has it been implemented into the "next" version of RPMod, or still in the drafts department?
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Still in the drafts department, hopefully in the next RPMod. The reason why I haven't done it yet is that I want it to be fully configurable (not too JEDI-specific).
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Aye, I understand that. *Crosses his fingers for its implementation in the next version of RPMod*.