Guardian Force Point Progression

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

It is a focus of our roleplay, yes. Shirking a problem off as "not hugely important" doesn't fix the problem, it just moves it to a different corner of the room. No offense intended, my dear brother :P

But really, I've said all I have to say on this subject. If others are interested (and if it would be permitted, obviously), we should start a thread about abandoning the Consular/Sentinel/Guardian system in exchange for something else. If not, well, I'll go about my business ;)
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I wasn't putting the problem aside as "not hugely important", I was placing my opinion that it isn't a problem, at all, and is irrelevant. Not offense taken, little brother. :P
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Regarding protection: By fp drain I meant continuous drain and specifically at level 3. It takes a hit out of your fp pool in one big lump but it doesn't drain further until more damage is taken.

An increase in the class system would indeed lend more variety but there are only so many variables and the real distinctions between classes seem to be HP/FP and the level you can buy certain abilities.

I think the current system is fine if there were certain penalties for combining force abilities, especially those like protect and absorb.

I've suggested something similar with hold + saber throw, an allowed combination that would give a massive force penalty, perhaps the same thing could be implemented for other abilities like protect and absorb, arguably two force intensive feats.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

I would like to see, let's say, 7 different classes instead of the current three - it adds diversity on the game mechanic's side, not only the individual's ability to roleplay their characters. Other than that, I don't have much to say regarding the guardians. When it comes to combat, size should be taken into consideration, and thus I should receive a debuff for being harder to hit (or at least a shoto). However, I don't enjoy combat in JKA that much, so it's no big deal for me.

Continue the debate.