Sound and voice through console?

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Kenta
Lost One

Sound and voice through console?

Post by Kenta »

I've seen how people are able to go into console and use the model command to change their skin to one of several varients, but is there a command or could a command be made, where a person can type it in to play a sound file associated with their model rather than have a randomly chosen taunt when using the taunt keys? (for instance /voice character/badfeeling)
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I've wondered about this too, actually I think it would be a good idea if there isn't already a command for it.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Good idea. Sounds like something that would be quite useful to the RP environment.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

I wonder how I'd hear it, as my ingame is muted and I play music :-/

Aldia

Post by Aldia »

I'm not sure, but I'd see Xao able to play different phrases from his character. Maybe ask him! :D

He has cool taunts or voice phrases!

234.20 [57?]
Beloved Wife, Mother, & Princess

I don't need you to believe in me to make me know I'm worth believing in.
I can stand my own ground & stand proud on my own two feet.
I don't need to be apart of someone else to be complete, what I really need comes from inside of me.

Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Ctathos wrote:I wonder how I'd hear it, as my ingame is muted and I play music :-/
That's simple, you wont'?.. harhar
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Considering that our primary medium of communication and characterization is through text, I'd be reluctant to encourage sonic explorations of character.

If you have a catchphrase, bind it's delivery textually to a key but I'd question the use of this. It's limiting your character, not enhancing it.

Sounds are cool and I'm just as willing to do a bit of voice acting as the next person, but actively utilizing sound files instead of text is a step too far in my personal opinion, and thus I'm not sure if assigning or coding it would be worth while for RPmod.

A nice idea certainly, but not one that I can see fitting with our existing system. :)
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

I'm not really saying all communication be this way, just felt a little voice and sound every now and then never hurt.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

I can see where Jared is comming from but if this is possible, I support it.

I don't think it will become as extreme as Jared feels it may. (With players having a sound for every single social interaction)

To be able to call on specific sounds within a character's PK3 file would be EXCELLENT. Vantus has a multitude of sounds in his PK3 ranging from "gloat" "taunt 1, 2, 3" etc, but all he ever seems to do is the same laugh over and over. It's like a 5% chance he'll say something different.

I'd like to be able to call on specific sounds with a bind like a yawn or an exertion noise or a laugh.
For any of you that played Never Winter Nights online, you should know what I mean by this.

The only catch to this (besides using Soh's time for programing) would be people's PK3's would get unnecessarily large in file size.

A file size cap on PK3s could be implemented to prevent this, but that is perhaps a little off-topic.

In short: Support

Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I agree with vantus, i don't want to over use it or anything, but it would be nice to bind a key to say "How's it hangin'?" or something...
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

The Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Post by The Jedi Council »

Tyros El'Rash has been removed from these boards for his unacceptable and rude behavior, and all references in this thread have been cleaned up. Back on topic.

The Jedi Council of Duneeden

Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Atrux Nuro wrote:I agree with vantus, i don't want to over use it or anything, but it would be nice to bind a key to say "How's it hangin'?" or something...
Here lays a problem...Would we have personal sounds/voices/binds? Moza wouldnt sound the same as atrux. BUT if i could have moza grunt or something that would be sweet.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

I like this and I dont like this, but I cant really explain why haha. I have some cool sounds for Blavek already, and I'm not quite sure how he would talk.

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

How's about making it available to those who do like it, and the people who don't like it can just turn the voice volume all the way down :P

Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

It doesn't have to be talking at all, sounds, voice, whatever your character does when appropriate.