Base assistance

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Base assistance

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

I've done something to make all of my .Pk3 files in my Base folder appear in a Microsoft Paint Icon. I believe it started when I attempted to miss-guide myself to re-skinning something, and opening one of the .Pk3's into the Microsoft Paint program. If anyone could assist me into changing it back, I'd be greatly appreciated. This error is not allowing me to put anymore .Pk3's into the folder due to a faulty error.
RP Age: 14
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

There is a box that you can ceck that says something like: "Check if you want to always use this program when openining this application." You must have clicked it. I dont know how to remove it...But it can be done.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

There are two ways. The first is to right click on the file and click "Open With", then tick that same box to "always open" with the application you select. The other is to open up a window and click Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types. Then wait for the list to appear and locate the file extension in question, then redirect it so that it opens with the right program.
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

First, make sure you have a PAK/PK3 explorer on your computer. Then, right-click on any .pk3 file you have. Go to Open With->PAK/PK3 Explorer, click, then check the box that says "Always open with this program". Press okay and you're done!

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Thanks Moza, Aslyn and Arikakon. It works now ;) Just had to 'Open all times' with the program, like you guys said :D
RP Age: 14