Objects to use with Telekensis

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Aayla Vigil wrote:Did you try them? They are solid entities, except for the falcon and the largest crate.
You don't need to recieve hp damage to pretend it hurts.
Plus lifting a table is more realistic than lifting a holographic gonk.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Jared wrote:Plus lifting a table is more realistic than lifting a holographic gonk.
Gabe: ::Brings in a table:: Ok Moza, lift this table with telekinesis.
Moza: ...

But I'm kind of making a moot point.

Are any of the models custom? I don't want to crash if I don't have the new NPC pack downloaded.
Qor Teth, Yuthnmro

Post by Qor Teth, Yuthnmro »

Maybe there can be a way to make more models for it? If so that would make it even more awesome, and is it compatible with the domino effect thing or would it be?
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:
Jared wrote:Plus lifting a table is more realistic than lifting a holographic gonk.
Gabe: ::Brings in a table:: Ok Moza, lift this table with telekinesis.
Moza: ...

But I'm kind of making a moot point.

Are any of the models custom? I don't want to crash if I don't have the new NPC pack downloaded.
Size matters not.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

Aayla wrote:pretend it hurts.
HAHA! Good find Moza!
=Nika=Reen=

Post by =Nika=Reen= »

Greetings All,

Already i have found a problem with this, i won't call at abuse as much but is known as somthing simillar as today, i found someone, obviously one of the ::JEDI:: had a movable object stuck under an elevator disallowing the elevator to work properly.

Either there should be a rule about this or they should be disallowed or just disallow lower ranks to spawn, as all newcommers and hopful's can not move them or randomly use the force to move them and disallows all first rankers and initiates (I think) to access public area's.

Hope someone will take this into consideration.

Many Thanks,
Nika Reen.
Nika Reen Skin - 06/11/08 RP Age = 8, Species = Togruta
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

Qor Teth, Yuthnmro wrote:Maybe there can be a way to make more models for it? If so that would make it even more awesome, and is it compatible with the domino effect thing or would it be?
The objects are spawned as NPCs, so we have to take NPC limit into consideration, but that's what makes them able to be lifted and pushed around with telekinesis, which also makes it valid for the objects to work with the domino effect if it's put into place.
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

If there's a box stuck under an elevator and you can't move it.... C'est la vie haha. I mean, what would you do in real life? You'd try and find someone to help you move it, and if you can't, you'd eventually just have to be like "oh well... guess we can't use that lift". I understand the complaint, but I believe it's realistic and would be unneeded rules/work to change it.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

I think the issue is more one of complacency. It's one thing to spawn furniture for general use but just as one wouldn't leave a chair in the wrong room in a house you were visiting, one should not, where possible, leave an item in a place that wilfully obstructs others interaction.

Common sense and common courtesy should never be undermined by the desire to 'RP with even more realism'.

If I came across a chair propped underneath an elevator I wouldn't put up with that unless there was a good reason for its placement.

Apathy should never be dressed with the trappings of rank.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Oh, no, I'm all for people being responsible and *not* leaving things behind, and no, it shouldn't happen. I'm just saying for when it *does* happen. I often delete random npcs floating around, as I find it rather annoying. I was just saying for those who can't do such a thing.
Shimi
Lost One

Post by Shimi »

Well..the matter of the fact is if someone with the ability to spawn these move able objects. Should know well enough not to abuse there source of limited power, by sticking a crate/chair/etc. Underneath a running elevator, it would be a great sadden to me if we have to start watching other admin's that we feel to be trusted with Administration powers.

In any case, I enjoy this mod myself. But I would hate to see it go if people keep abusing these crates, and ruin the simplicity of this neat mod to our RP.

-Shimi
Viron Roan

Post by Viron Roan »